Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]You all know, I have studied IT and many friends and class mates of mine are working in big cities like Bangalore. I have also heard 1-2 incidents about my classmates. I am really shocked as Keralites are always considered as shy people and one of the person, about whom I have heard so, is a very very good girl....who was not even heard linked with any boy of our college and who treats boys as best friends. ...still i can't believe it :blink: :blink:
Most sad thing is that she break up with that person and married another co-worker...that also love marriage, with parents' approval. [/quote]

Keralites are shy people???? Hooo man what a joke!!! Sorry, don't mean to offend you or any other keralite, but I have many Keralite friends and one can hardly describe them as shy.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think most people are mistaken when they keep saying that the live-in relationships are because of western influence, there are many instances, rather the norm of our society as well. Not just today, but even 50-100 years ago,. it was a norm for every man who had money and some power was able to keep at least one mistress. Also, it was never hidden from society or his family. So why blame only the western influence and films for such a relationship!

Back then, only the nobles and zamindars used to practice it, now financially independent and educated young people want to go in for that! What's the big difference?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't approve live-in relationship. :blink:

As our society don't approve it so we can't act against society that's simple. :blink:

There is difference in our and foriegn culture its not necessary that we follow them there are several things which we do but they don't.
:blink:

Also, if present generation can't guide their young ones in right way, where our culture goes after 10-20 years...no one can even imagine.

Actually, films are more popularizing them nowadays which was considered as a taboo in older days :angry: :angry: :angry:

Have you see "Salam Namaste" film in which Preety Zinta and Saif were in live-in relationship and one day preety gets pregnant and ask Saif to marry her but he denies and comes the problem. :blink:

Imagine if it happens in real life too where the girl will go who will accept the girl having a kid without marriage :blink: .I think it will take another 40~50 years for our society to accept such cases. :blink:

Sanjeev, this kind of thing happens in arranged marriages as well. I have seen real life examples of women being abandoned right during their first pregnancies or because their first child is a girl. So where is the security in a marriage as well??

I know it happens in the marriages also but then there are lot of people who try to resolve the issue moreover there is a court where the girl can ask for the justice but what about the girl who is left with a kid after the boy lose interest in a girl with whom he lived for good time without marriage. :blink:

As our society don't approve it so we can't act against society that's simple. :blink:

There is difference in our and foriegn culture its not necessary that we follow them there are several things which we do but they don't.

Also, if present generation can't guide their young ones in right way, where our culture goes after 10-20 years...no one can even imagine.

Actually, films are more popularizing them nowadays which was considered as a taboo in older days :angry: :angry: :angry:

Have you see "Salam Namaste" film in which Preety Zinta and Saif were in live-in relationship and one day preety gets pregnant and ask Saif to marry her but he denies and comes the problem. :blink:

Imagine if it happens in real life too where the girl will go who will accept the girl having a kid without marriage :blink: .I think it will take another 40~50 years for our society to accept such cases. :blink:

Sanjeev, this kind of thing happens in arranged marriages as well. I have seen real life examples of women being abandoned right during their first pregnancies or because their first child is a girl. So where is the security in a marriage as well??

I know it happens in the marriages also but then there are lot of people who try to resolve the issue moreover there is a court where the girl can ask for the justice but what about the girl who is left with a kid after the boy lose interest in a girl with whom he lived for good time without marriage. :blink:

Live in relationship has legal back-up now, they have full rights as much as married couple have. Only thing is one must have proof to justify his/her claims.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True, arranged marriages may provide support to girl due to the fact that there are people who will take her her responsibility should she face such misfortune, but that is only not a hard and fast rule or a norm. Now more and more arranged marriages are falling apart where the women does not get support from anyone, her own parents as well as in-laws.

Also, now live-in relationships are considered legal and are now protected by similar laws as an arranged marriage has.

Also, my question is if the two people really love each other and are faithfully conducting their duties to each other, why do lack of a few rituals that formalize marriage make any difference??

This became fashion today. We can see many of celebrities living together by breaking their relation ships but many of us dont agree with this relations.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

This became fashion today. We can see many of celebrities living together by breaking their relation ships but many of us dont agree with this relations.

Probably if we accept it as inevitable and that they love each other, it would be easy to accept such relations!

[quote]You all know, I have studied IT and many friends and class mates of mine are working in big cities like Bangalore. I have also heard 1-2 incidents about my classmates. I am really shocked as Keralites are always considered as shy people and one of the person, about whom I have heard so, is a very very good girl....who was not even heard linked with any boy of our college and who treats boys as best friends. ...still i can't believe it :blink: :blink:
Most sad thing is that she break up with that person and married another co-worker...that also love marriage, with parents' approval.

Keralites are shy people???? Hooo man what a joke!!! Sorry, don't mean to offend you or any other keralite, but I have many Keralite friends and one can hardly describe them as shy.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think most people are mistaken when they keep saying that the live-in relationships are because of western influence, there are many instances, rather the norm of our society as well. Not just today, but even 50-100 years ago,. it was a norm for every man who had money and some power was able to keep at least one mistress. Also, it was never hidden from society or his family. So why blame only the western influence and films for such a relationship!

Back then, only the nobles and zamindars used to practice it, now financially independent and educated young people want to go in for that! What's the big difference?[/quote]

Yes, things have changed in past 5-10 years. That's why I quoted an example :( :( :( :(
Now many kids are going in wrong way :(

Meera sandhu
Most sad thing is that she break up with that person and married another co-worker...that also love marriage, with parents' approval.

Back then, only the nobles and zamindars used to practice it, now financially independent and educated young people want to go in for that! What's the big difference?

Yes, things have changed in past 5-10 years. That's why I quoted an example :( :( :( :(
Now many kids are going in wrong way :([/quote]

Sandhya, we cannot call it the wrong way just because we think it is wrong. Think from their point of view, it is how they see the world. Also, we have already seen that the more you condemn a practice, the more attractive it becomes. The more a thing is prohibited, the more its want increases.

It may seem wrong to us, but serials like Satyamev jayte has highlighted the issue of live in relationship for the old.

This can be categorised as good cause since the old and the widowed need companionship till they die.

But who cares???????????

Swetha Shenoy
It may seem wrong to us, but serials like Satyamev jayte has highlighted the issue of live in relationship for the old.

This can be categorised as good cause since the old and the widowed need companionship till they die.

But who cares???????????

Last year, 1 marriage occurred at Kollam. The marriage was between two old people, conducted by their kids :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also...one more incident....

Owner of a private teaching institute where I studied was a widower. He , soon after the marriage of his daughter, got married too.....to a young poor girl....as he doesn't want to be alone.
Such incidents are occurring also.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.