Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am totally agree that a couple might live together.It all depends on the couple...In india too......many couple from big cities follow this idea.............
I approve living together relation. When this relation continues for more than three years or a child is born out of this relation, the couple should be legally considered as married with all consequential affects.

True, this should definitely be considered by the couple,!

Most of the couple who go in for a live in relationship do it after having thought about it,since they too have their families , relatives and friends ...
As far as I am concerned it is their own business and they have to take responsibility for what they do with their lives and others have no say in the matter except probably pass judgment behind their back ! And Indians have always had polygamy where men had several wives as well as keeps and it was done openly so why the sudden holier than thou attitude now when things are fair and equal ! ..In fact even Supreme court has said that live in relationships have a legal status !

http://www.milligazette.com/news/237-live-in-relationships-and-the-supreme-court

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I approve living together relation. When this relation continues for more than three years or a child is born out of this relation, the couple should be legally considered as married with all consequential affects.

Most of the couple who go in for a live in relationship do it after having thought about it,since they too have their families , relatives and friends ...
As far as I am concerned it is their own business and they have to take responsibility for what they do with their lives and others have no say in the matter except probably pass judgment behind their back ! And Indians have always had polygamy where men had several wives as well as keeps and it was done openly so why the sudden holier than thou attitude now when things are fair and equal ! ..In fact even Supreme court has said that live in relationships have a legal status !

http://www.milligazette.com/news/237-live-in-relationships-and-the-supreme-court

You said so but i said that in many cases couple get separated after a certain period of time.In many cases they not think of living together and start to live....
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
I approve living together relation. When this relation continues for more than three years or a child is born out of this relation, the couple should be legally considered as married with all consequential affects.[/quote]
I did not know this before.If such then it is very good.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Sandhya, we cannot call it the wrong way just because we think it is wrong. Think from their point of view, it is how they see the world. Also, we have already seen that the more you condemn a practice, the more attractive it becomes. The more a thing is prohibited, the more its want increases.

Right and wrong lie in the eyes of the viewer.
From their point of view, it may be right.
Even for the most wrong things in this world, we can find reasons. i.e.justifications. It doesn't mean it's right. :evil: :evil:

Am asking just one question.....if they have chosen each other as life partners, why are they hesitating to make it for ever by tying the knot??? Why so? What's the reason behind it??? :huh: :huh:

Similarly, I am asking you why the formality of a few rituals??? Even now, those who tie the knot traditionally don't care about the rituals and their meaning, they do it just for the sake of doing it!! So why such pretense?

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
can't find a suitable answer till now :( :(

Exactly!! See, we don't even know why we are opposed to such relationships! All we have is that a few rituals make the relationship between a man and a woman a legal and sacred marriage, and they are expected to be faithful to each other. But does a marriage guarantee this premise??? Also, a couple living together without formal marriage is considered as promiscuous even though they are completely faithful with each other, so why the double standards?

Actually, many people can misuse this option. There lies the real problem. It can also lead to problems like AIDS, if it forms just a hobby to a group of people.

A group of people are there, who don't believe in marriages. They think, just saath-phera is not enough to say a relationship is strong, it's the union of mind...actually, no need of marriages. But if they can assure, they will keep all promises of a married couple, then it's Ok. But I think, people who think so is only rare and majority of people do believe in marriages even if they are following this modern strategy. Am I not right????

Meera sandhu

Exactly! That's what I was talking about, when we could easily accept these things from our forefathers and so many other men in our communities, why suddenly try to play so coy about these relationships!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sandhya, we cannot call it the wrong way just because we think it is wrong. Think from their point of view, it is how they see the world. Also, we have already seen that the more you condemn a practice, the more attractive it becomes. The more a thing is prohibited, the more its want increases.

Even for the most wrong things in this world, we can find reasons. i.e.justifications. It doesn't mean it's right. :evil: :evil:

Am asking just one question.....if they have chosen each other as life partners, why are they hesitating to make it for ever by tying the knot??? Why so? What's the reason behind it??? :huh: :huh:

Similarly, I am asking you why the formality of a few rituals??? Even now, those who tie the knot traditionally don't care about the rituals and their meaning, they do it just for the sake of doing it!! So why such pretense?

Exactly!! See, we don't even know why we are opposed to such relationships! All we have is that a few rituals make the relationship between a man and a woman a legal and sacred marriage, and they are expected to be faithful to each other. But does a marriage guarantee this premise??? Also, a couple living together without formal marriage is considered as promiscuous even though they are completely faithful with each other, so why the double standards?

Actually, many people can misuse this option. There lies the real problem. It can also lead to problems like AIDS, if it forms just a hobby to a group of people.

A group of people are there, who don't believe in marriages. They think, just saath-phera is not enough to say a relationship is strong, it's the union of mind...actually, no need of marriages. But if they can assure, they will keep all promises of a married couple, then it's Ok. But I think, people who think so is only rare and majority of people do believe in marriages even if they are following this modern strategy. Am I not right????

Sandhya, occurrence of AIDS cannot be blamed entirely on live-in relationships. Do you know that the major cause of AIDS is because of men visiting red light areas and then they pass it on to their legally married wives??? Did you know this fact?

Also, people do not live together as a hobby. they do it out of love for each other.

Sandhya, occurrence of AIDS cannot be blamed entirely on live-in relationships. Do you know that the major cause of AIDS is because of men visiting red light areas and then they pass it on to their legally married wives??? Did you know this fact?

Also, people do not live together as a hobby. they do it out of love for each other.

There is no question of misusing since they enter such a relationship with their eyes open and also after a lot of consideration ....and as far as Aids is concerned it is , you may be surprised that according to statistics , the vast majority is found among the older men in the age group of 45 - 55 who are carrying the aids syndrome and almost all of them are married !
Rare or majority , live in relationships are now a part of the Indian society like it was always there , and now even the supreme court has given it a legal status...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

oh yes,kalyani

Things like live-in relationship seems so easy as the couple can live together for sometime and break off when they dont feel like "it" but no one knows the consequence like leading to AIDS

It is like a child eating artificial sweetner everyday and then have a breakdown of some internal organ...

wah wah kya society hai...everyone is blind and leading others to blindness too..

Swetha Shenoy

There is no question of misusing since they enter such a relationship with their eyes open and also after a lot of consideration ....and as far as Aids is concerned it is , you may be surprised that according to statistics , the vast majority is found among the older men in the age group of 45 - 55 who are carrying the aids syndrome and almost all of them are married !
Rare or majority , live in relationships are now a part of the Indian society like it was always there , and now even the supreme court has given it a legal status...

Yes, that's true! Looking at these statistics, it seems that the older married men are more rash in their behavior where AIDS is concerned. And these couples are a part of our society, now that the court has given them legal status, who are we to condemn them?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.