Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I know personally one uncle who married just because he didnt want his pregnent daughter-in-law to be alone...

It was really a very difficult task as he loved his wife who died of cancer.

Now they are living happily. But i didnt see any elderly in live-in relationship...only youngsters.

Now the thing is, people living as bachelors are also doubted upon to be gays. so we cannot say anything about people living together,whether same sex or opposite sex...

poor society!!!!!!!!!!!

Swetha Shenoy

Sandhya, we cannot call it the wrong way just because we think it is wrong. Think from their point of view, it is how they see the world. Also, we have already seen that the more you condemn a practice, the more attractive it becomes. The more a thing is prohibited, the more its want increases.

Right and wrong lie in the eyes of the viewer.
From their point of view, it may be right.
Even for the most wrong things in this world, we can find reasons. i.e.justifications. It doesn't mean it's right. :evil: :evil:

Am asking just one question.....if they have chosen each other as life partners, why are they hesitating to make it for ever by tying the knot??? Why so? What's the reason behind it??? :huh: :huh:

Meera sandhu
It may seem wrong to us, but serials like Satyamev jayte has highlighted the issue of live in relationship for the old.

This can be categorised as good cause since the old and the widowed need companionship till they die.

But who cares???????????

I totally agree, the old should be allowed to have a companion, at their age, whether to marry or to live together just does not make any difference. It is a matter of companionship, all other issues are less significant. But the children usually do not allow such for fear of losing inheritance3 and losing face in society!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sandhya, we cannot call it the wrong way just because we think it is wrong. Think from their point of view, it is how they see the world. Also, we have already seen that the more you condemn a practice, the more attractive it becomes. The more a thing is prohibited, the more its want increases.

Even for the most wrong things in this world, we can find reasons. i.e.justifications. It doesn't mean it's right. :evil: :evil:

Am asking just one question.....if they have chosen each other as life partners, why are they hesitating to make it for ever by tying the knot??? Why so? What's the reason behind it??? :huh: :huh:

Similarly, I am asking you why the formality of a few rituals??? Even now, those who tie the knot traditionally don't care about the rituals and their meaning, they do it just for the sake of doing it!! So why such pretense?

I know personally one uncle who married just because he didnt want his pregnent daughter-in-law to be alone...

It was really a very difficult task as he loved his wife who died of cancer.

Now they are living happily. But i didnt see any elderly in live-in relationship...only youngsters.

Now the thing is, people living as bachelors are also doubted upon to be gays. so we cannot say anything about people living together,whether same sex or opposite sex...

poor society!!!!!!!!!!!

I too pity the society for lack of understanding and zero tolerance when it comes to relationships. Actually, ours is the culture that gave Kamasutra to the world and we still consider these issues a taboo!!

Similarly, I am asking you why the formality of a few rituals??? Even now, those who tie the knot traditionally don't care about the rituals and their meaning, they do it just for the sake of doing it!! So why such pretense?

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
can't find a suitable answer till now :( :(

Meera sandhu
I approve living together relation. When this relation continues for more than three years or a child is born out of this relation, the couple should be legally considered as married with all consequential affects.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with @gulshan as the kids may suffer in future if the parents relationship is not legalized.. however Indian society still doesn't accept such relationship..

In some religions such type of relationship is considered as offense and severe punishments are given that may include death...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
can't find a suitable answer till now :( :(

Exactly!! See, we don't even know why we are opposed to such relationships! All we have is that a few rituals make the relationship between a man and a woman a legal and sacred marriage, and they are expected to be faithful to each other. But does a marriage guarantee this premise??? Also, a couple living together without formal marriage is considered as promiscuous even though they are completely faithful with each other, so why the double standards?

I approve living together relation. When this relation continues for more than three years or a child is born out of this relation, the couple should be legally considered as married with all consequential affects.

True, this should definitely be considered by the couple,!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.