Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Your conversion reminded me of a joke

On an anniversary the wife tells the husband to take her to a place she has never been

and he takes her.....to the kitchen

hahahahahah :)

I have never used Shallots... When I saw title of this thread, I was wondering what it is?? :) :)

That's because you probably never help in the kitchen so you don't know this!! Try helping your wifey and you will get more knowledge!!! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Kitchen looks like foreign...so entering in kitchen is just like a foreign tour for me.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry: :sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that means if you enter a kitchen your vacation starts and learning new things during a vacation is very very good for you! Start immediately and take a vacation tomorrow itself!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry !! It is Vocation, not Vacation!!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He he he! Don't twist the words, I must find a way to tell your wife, she definitely must have means to find your true vocation!! :evil: :evil:

Ha ha ha! Swetha, that's a great joke!!! :laugh: :laugh: Appropriate for most men!!

Appropriate for most men!! ;)
Me Too!! :unsure: :unsure: :ohmy:

Of course you too!! You are in no way excluded!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Today I made my fish thoran, onions substituted with shallots for the first time....a kitchen experiment and it's really a great success. It tastes best than while using onions

Meera sandhu
No doubt, shallots is more nutritious than onions. But it's very difficult to peel of its skin for its use consuming more time. So, many housewives keep away from them. We, South Indians can't exclude it from our diet even for a single day, even if it's quantity is small.
What about you? Do you consume it frequently?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8156]}{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8157]}

I use this a lot and in my town we get peeled ones and I buy those in small quantities and more of the unpeeled bunches .Sambhar made with shallots,drumsticks and brinjal is yummy! It also tastes good while used for fish curry ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think every one who eats onion can eat shallots as well. This is certainly a good vegetable with lots of health benefits.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think every one who eats onion can eat shallots as well. This is certainly a good vegetable with lots of health benefits.

Truth is that shallots have more health benefits than onion....more tasty too!!!
If prepared in shallots, your curry will never get that sweet of onions.
But it's a bit time consuming to peel its skin

Meera sandhu
I still prefer onions because that is more popular in our area and we fry them longer so onion is in thing for us.

We grind onions in gravy for fish curry in TVM style. It's very good, though it can't be put outside the fridge more time.

Meera sandhu
Onion is used in almost every curry that we prepare, even Parantha made of onion is very popular.

Onion is used in almost every curry that we prepare, even Parantha made of onion is very popular.

Yummm....I like onion paratha and prepare it every few days for myself as my husband does not like it much. I also like Rajasthan-style Pyaaz ki Kachori a lot!!SLurrppppp.......

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yummm....I like onion paratha and prepare it every few days for myself as my husband does not like it much. I also like Rajasthan-style Pyaaz ki Kachori a lot!!SLurrppppp.......

Okay I have noted it down for future references. I may need to check my diary some day soon. :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.