Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I like them in sambar and in chutney but its not always available here, only rarely can I get them! :(

Don't you know to make Sambar???
It's very easy. Check my recipe. If you don't get shallots, replace it with shallots.
This is how my sambaar looks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.boddunan.com/health-a-fitness/56-Recipes/19179-how-i-make-sambar-with-a-pressure-cooker.html

Actually, in restaurants they use onions as it's more easy.
For chutney also, just grind coconut, salt and green chillies together. It makes a nice chutney

Just pop some mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.....(if only needed). If coconut oil used, more good, also palm oil. Never use mustard oil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Entammmooooooooo!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am talking about rarity of shallots not chutney or sambar!! I prepare these things at least once in a week and both my sambar and chutney are really famous among my friends!! You will also lick your fingers once you taste it!!! :evil: :) :)

I have actually 5 or 6 different recipes for making coconut chutney!! I am considered an expert in them!! :)

What to do, just replace shallots with onion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Actually, it will stay fresh for about 1 month or so. So, if you get it at your market at least once in a month, just buy 1 kg. It will be enough.
I think it will be available in super markets like Big Bazaar. We get many North Indian items like palak and Chineese items like leeks in such places only.
I want your special chutney recipes. Actually, each person's chutneys differ from each other.
I want to know which oil you use for it.

I use onions for it always, sometimes my local greengrocer does get shallots, I buy and keep them in large quantities. The ones that we get in Big Bazaar are not really of good quality so I don't buy from them!

Yes, I will surely get you some recipes of my chutney!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Hey Kalyani!!!

Factually speaking I help my wife in kitchen once in a day... In early morning, when she has to go to school , I prepare tea for her...
I am a TeaMaker!!
:lol: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo: :S

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
Hey Kalyani!!!

Factually speaking I help my wife in kitchen once in a day... In early morning, when she has to go to school , I prepare tea for her...
I am a TeaMaker!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's the reason why you were telling.....you never enter kitchen.

Now you have revealed the secret that you make bed coffee for her :P :P :P :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am expecting a post from you soon about your atta making and chakki 'peezing' and 'peezing' and 'peezing' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Hey Kalyani!!!

I am a TeaMaker!!

Now you have revealed the secret that you make bed coffee for her :P :P :P :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am expecting a post from you soon about your atta making and chakki 'peezing' and 'peezing' and 'peezing' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry!! it is not as you are expecting... it is more than that....
I have bigger responsibility in Kitchen Affairs... Tasting the food...eating what and whatever she cooks....
As she loves making different and new dishes ...NEW EXPERIMENTS..... and I usually use word LAB not KITCHEN!!! .. :silly: :silly: :S :lol:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
Hey Kalyani!!!

I am a TeaMaker!!

Sorry!! it is not as you are expecting... it is more than that....
I have bigger responsibility in Kitchen Affairs... Tasting the food...eating what and whatever she cooks....
As she loves making different and new dishes ...NEW EXPERIMENTS..... and I usually use word LAB not KITCHEN!!! .. :silly: :silly: :S :lol:

So, it's sure...she resembles me a lot...
My kitchen is also an experimental lab where you can see a lot of crackers and sure, my husband and kid perform all functions of experimental rats :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
I thought it is small onion. Today only i came to know that it is shallots.Me too frequently using it.

http://moneyrumors.blogspot.com
I thought it is small onion. Today only i came to know that it is shallots.Me too frequently using it.

Yes. Small onions are known as Shallots which is available in South India most

Meera sandhu
Your conversion reminded me of a joke

On an anniversary the wife tells the husband to take her to a place she has never been

and he takes her.....to the kitchen

hahahahahah :)

I have never used Shallots... When I saw title of this thread, I was wondering what it is?? :) :)

That's because you probably never help in the kitchen so you don't know this!! Try helping your wifey and you will get more knowledge!!! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Kitchen looks like foreign...so entering in kitchen is just like a foreign tour for me.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry: :sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that means if you enter a kitchen your vacation starts and learning new things during a vacation is very very good for you! Start immediately and take a vacation tomorrow itself!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry !! It is Vocation, not Vacation!!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He he he! Don't twist the words, I must find a way to tell your wife, she definitely must have means to find your true vocation!! :evil: :evil:

Swetha Shenoy
I haven eaten those a lot in kerala and tamil nadu dishes of sambhar

we(Andhra Pradesh) have three varieties of onions...big onions,small onions and white onions(not garlic)

Swetha Shenoy
Your conversion reminded me of a joke

On an anniversary the wife tells the husband to take her to a place she has never been

and he takes her.....to the kitchen

hahahahahah :)

I have never used Shallots... When I saw title of this thread, I was wondering what it is?? :) :)

That's because you probably never help in the kitchen so you don't know this!! Try helping your wifey and you will get more knowledge!!! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Kitchen looks like foreign...so entering in kitchen is just like a foreign tour for me.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry: :sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that means if you enter a kitchen your vacation starts and learning new things during a vacation is very very good for you! Start immediately and take a vacation tomorrow itself!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry !! It is Vocation, not Vacation!!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He he he! Don't twist the words, I must find a way to tell your wife, she definitely must have means to find your true vocation!! :evil: :evil:

Ha ha ha! Swetha, that's a great joke!!! :laugh: :laugh: Appropriate for most men!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.