Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya, do you know where can we get seeds for the shallots????

shallots if planted in soil can form sprouts ......similarly as onions.....it looks like spring onions.
Actually, we get it abundant in our market. So, we never plant it.

Meera sandhu
I have never used Shallots... When I saw title of this thread, I was wondering what it is?? :) :)

That's because you probably never help in the kitchen so you don't know this!! Try helping your wifey and you will get more knowledge!!! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Kitchen looks like foreign...so entering in kitchen is just like a foreign tour for me.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry: :sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that means if you enter a kitchen your vacation starts and learning new things during a vacation is very very good for you! Start immediately and take a vacation tomorrow itself!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry !! It is Vocation, not Vacation!!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He he he! Don't twist the words, I must find a way to tell your wife, she definitely must have means to find your true vocation!! :evil: :evil:

pls find the way.... and let me transform my vocation to vacation!!! :silly:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
@Kumaresh....
ask your wife to buy some shallots and make a chutney for you and post its 'taste' here

Meera sandhu
I have never used Shallots... When I saw title of this thread, I was wondering what it is?? :) :)

That's because you probably never help in the kitchen so you don't know this!! Try helping your wifey and you will get more knowledge!!! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Kitchen looks like foreign...so entering in kitchen is just like a foreign tour for me.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry: :sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that means if you enter a kitchen your vacation starts and learning new things during a vacation is very very good for you! Start immediately and take a vacation tomorrow itself!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry !! It is Vocation, not Vacation!!!! :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He he he! Don't twist the words, I must find a way to tell your wife, she definitely must have means to find your true vocation!! :evil: :evil:

pls find the way.... and let me transform my vocation to vacation!!! :silly:

Sure I will! you be ready! :evil:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

i dont consume it more frequently. But if we use it taste also so good.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I like them in sambar and in chutney but its not always available here, only rarely can I get them! :(

I have asked my MOM about shallots and she said that she haven't used in her life.

Want to make each day Accountable

I like them in sambar and in chutney but its not always available here, only rarely can I get them! :(

Don't you know to make Sambar???
It's very easy. Check my recipe. If you don't get shallots, replace it with shallots.
This is how my sambaar looks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.boddunan.com/health-a-fitness/56-Recipes/19179-how-i-make-sambar-with-a-pressure-cooker.html

Actually, in restaurants they use onions as it's more easy.
For chutney also, just grind coconut, salt and green chillies together. It makes a nice chutney

Just pop some mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.....(if only needed). If coconut oil used, more good, also palm oil. Never use mustard oil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

It's very easy. Check my recipe. If you don't get shallots, replace it with shallots.

http://www.boddunan.com/health-a-fitness/56-Recipes/19179-how-i-make-sambar-with-a-pressure-cooker.html

For chutney also, just grind coconut, salt and green chillies together. It makes a nice chutney

Just pop some mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.....(if only needed). If coconut oil used, more good, also palm oil. Never use mustard oil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Entammmooooooooo!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am talking about rarity of shallots not chutney or sambar!! I prepare these things at least once in a week and both my sambar and chutney are really famous among my friends!! You will also lick your fingers once you taste it!!! :evil: :) :)

I have actually 5 or 6 different recipes for making coconut chutney!! I am considered an expert in them!! :)

Entammmooooooooo!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am talking about rarity of shallots not chutney or sambar!! I prepare these things at least once in a week and both my sambar and chutney are really famous among my friends!! You will also lick your fingers once you taste it!!! :evil: :) :)

I have actually 5 or 6 different recipes for making coconut chutney!! I am considered an expert in them!! :)

What to do, just replace shallots with onion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Actually, it will stay fresh for about 1 month or so. So, if you get it at your market at least once in a month, just buy 1 kg. It will be enough.
I think it will be available in super markets like Big Bazaar. We get many North Indian items like palak and Chineese items like leeks in such places only.
I want your special chutney recipes. Actually, each person's chutneys differ from each other.
I want to know which oil you use for it.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.