The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A thief becomes thief only if he is caught. By this way, how many thieves are living among us!!!
I always believe in giving another opportunity to a person, if he believe so. Faults and mistakes.....everyone can commit. It doesn't mean, he should be punished for ever, whole through his life, particularly if his mistakes are small.
Everyone in this earth has right to correct his mistakes.
But I have to tell onething, it's not easy to win a lost belief once again!!!

Ya you said like jesus that who among us never did any mistake.
Hats off. Tusi great ho. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

we people are the biggest chors ;) :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
No it is not true once a thief is not always thief. It depends upon situation. In many cases situation makes them thief. Again situation can make them good.

Yes that is true...There have been many films which show how a person is forced into criminal activities and had they been givena chance to reform they probably would have...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A thief becomes thief only if he is caught. By this way, how many thieves are living among us!!!
I always believe in giving another opportunity to a person, if he believe so. Faults and mistakes.....everyone can commit. It doesn't mean, he should be punished for ever, whole through his life, particularly if his mistakes are small.

It is always the small time criminals, the petty thieves that get caught and have to pay the price probably for the bigger thieves too...I was reading a book on Charles Sobhraj who was a drug peddler and also a murderer - the kind of background and childhood he had made him what he was, and he was never ever given a chance...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is always the small time criminals, the petty thieves that get caught and have to pay the price probably for the bigger thieves too...I was reading a book on Charles Sobhraj who was a drug peddler and also a murderer - the kind of background and childhood he had made him what he was, and he was never ever given a chance...

Charles Shobhraj was a hardened international criminal. There is no question of reform for such people. They are jail birds. For many criminals, jail is just a resting place after a few months hard work outside.
Practically, small criminals turn bigger ones in company of more experienced in jail. There are very few who are reformed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
quote = Devyani Sarkar You can give them a chance but cannot rely them blindly. I agree that "Once a thief is always a thief". If you will give him a chance, he will steal.

No this is not true. He can live a better life if somebody give a chance. We are human beings. Human beings made mistakes in some times. But after realizing the mistake the won't do that again. :) :) :)

@ Devyani,I feel that reaction is a bit strong and unfair....For all you know it may be the persons first crime and the circumstances too need to be taken into consideration..

I agree Mary that it is always better to make them realise their mistake and since they have already been punished they should be given a chance to come up in life..

I have not written any other thing. My meaning was the same as you have mentioned above. Still I would suggest that it is better not to believe them blindly. Nobody can judge human's mind in this age
quote = Devyani Sarkar You can give them a chance but cannot rely them blindly. I agree that "Once a thief is always a thief". If you will give him a chance, he will steal.

No this is not true. He can live a better life if somebody give a chance. We are human beings. Human beings made mistakes in some times. But after realizing the mistake the won't do that again. :) :) :)

is

@ Devyani,I feel that reaction is a bit strong and unfair....For all you know it may be the persons first crime and the circumstances too need to be taken into consideration..

I agree Mary that it is always better to make them realise their mistake and since they have already been punished they should be given a chance to come up in life..

I have not written any other thing. My meaning was the same but I nobody can judge human's mind in this age. It is better not to believe them blindly.

We need to differentiate between first time young criminals and the old hardened criminals for whom jail is second home. Those who can be reformed should be given opportunity but with precaution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Charles Shobhraj was a hardened international criminal. There is no question of reform for such people. They are jail birds. For many criminals, jail is just a resting place after a few months hard work outside.
Practically, small criminals turn bigger ones in company of more experienced in jail. There are very few who are reformed.

Of course Charles Sobhraj became one of the most dreaded criminals.But he started his criminal activities when he was apparently only 8 years old - the charge was for drug peddling and stealing and was sentenced in a Thai prison.Suppose he were rehabilitated at that period of time, he might have turned different...

Yes, I also agree with with fact that we can't justify criminals like Shobharaj.
It's true, it's difficult to reform big thieves. But what about small thieves....? Actually, society plays an important role in converting small thieves to big criminals. What is society? A group of society including 'me'. So, I can't put full blame on society. I also form a link of this chain.
Let me tell one thing more....it's told, certain genes are present in the blood of criminals, prompting them to do these things. Is it true? If so, do situations play a role in making them criminals? Can they be corrected? Many people are born in bad conditions/surroundings/situations etc in this world. But are all of them becoming criminals? Not at all. Can we 100% assure, a child born in good family won't become a criminal. Last week I read about a boy of 18 years from Pune, who kidnapped a child for money and later killed him. What does it mean? :blink:

Meera sandhu

Of course Charles Sobhraj became one of the most dreaded criminals.But he stated his criminal activities when he was apparently only 8 years old - the charge was for drug peddling and stealing and was sentenced in a Thai prison.Suppose he wee rehabilitated at that period of time, he might have turned different...

Yes, I agree situation often change small thieves to criminal. Yet, as a citizen, everyone has a duty to the nation. Live and let live. So, he can't justify himself by putting full blame on the society he lives. What's the difference between men and animals? His common sense to differentiate between good and evil. He choose the wrong path. It's easy to travel through wrong paths, but very difficult through a single right path.

Meera sandhu

Yes, I also agree with with fact that we can't justify criminals like Shobharaj.
It's true, it's difficult to reform big thieves. But what about small thieves....? Actually, society plays an important role in converting small thieves to big criminals. What is society? A group of society including 'me'. So, I can't put full blame on society. I also form a link of this chain.
Let me tell one thing more....it's told, certain genes are present in the blood of criminals, prompting them to do these things. Is it true? If so, do situations play a role in making them criminals? Can they be corrected? Many people are born in bad conditions/surroundings/situations etc in this world. But are all of them becoming criminals? Not at all. Can we 100% assure, a child born in good family won't become a criminal. Last week I read about a boy of 18 years from Pune, who kidnapped a child for money and later killed him. What does it mean? :blink:

Hereditary may account for a fraction but it is mostly other factors including environment, bad company and financial constraints that drives a person to crime.When that happens putting that person in favorable circumstances is bound to give at least some positive results.And most criminals start young so it becomes the duty of those around them ( parents, governmental agencies etc ) to make them realise their mistake and take up a more responsible role as citizens..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.