The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks Usha and Robert.. Looking forward to having a good time here :)
Thanks Usha and Robert.. Looking forward to having a good time here :)

Welcome to boddunan Faheem! Just be sure to go through FAQs and guidelines and stay active, you will have a great time here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Faheem Ebrahim
Welcome Ebrahim to boddunan. Enjoy to be a part of boddunan team.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Absolutely not... It is a bit cruel to blindly accuse a person like that. Once a thief, may not be a thief thereafter... People do change for good; there are good people who turn bad and bad ones that turn good... It's all part of life.. The above statement may be rectified as "Once a thief, always considered a thief." Very few people will be willing to trust a person who once stole... Human nature...

Faheem Ibrahim,

Warm Welcome to Boddunan Family. All the Best!

We cant say blindly 'Once a thief always a thief'. Forgiving is humankind. It depends on mindset of a person. Some person won't do mistake again if he/she realizes.

A thief may be reformed. But the perception does not change easily. First impression is the last impression. There is a proverb- chor chori se jaye- herapheri se na jaye- (a thief may not steal. But he cannot help help cheating). Also, everyone is cautious of his interests. He will never deal with a known thief even if he is improved. Generally, a reformed criminal best works at a new location where he is not well known.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

when good is there then bad also will be. when water is there then fire will be. When God is there then Ghost also there. So in the same manner, some thieves can be as thieves for ever and some thieves may get council become a good person. So I feel we should not believe in this saying "thief is always thief." completely

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

In many foreign countries small time and petty criminals are put under probation , and asked to do some social service, this with the hope that they would reform themselves and don't commit the same mistake again and they are also found a job so that their previous record does not become a hindrance to their future....So, it is of course very essential that small time criminals be given another chance in life even though they have served a prison sentence since everyone makes mistakes and some people have it really hard and do take the wrong way out, but nevertheless they should be given a second chance...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My take on the subject is heavily influenced by thoughts of a brilliant criminologist through one his celebrated work which I chanced upon years back and he opined that there are very few criminals who are genetically programmed to be so! Most of them are products of our environment.
My take on the subject is heavily influenced by thoughts of a brilliant criminologist through one his celebrated work which I chanced upon years back and he opined that there are very few criminals who are genetically programmed to be so! Most of them are products of our environment.

This is true. But what are the chances that a criminal is reformed. If a thief has less chances of reform, he will always be suspected even though he might have changed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thief cannot change their habit.If by chance they become good but people who knows about their habit cannot trust them.

Sharmistha Banerjee

I tend to agree with you and that's why the west is much wiser than Easterners who have the tendency to look down and be suspicious all the time...we also a lot of double standards here when people openly accept politicians and other high profile people probably being immersed in criminal activities, but they get away, whereas a petty thief gets branded for life for a small mistake committed mainly due to circumstances..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.