The topic is locked.
Is this true? I know of a couple of people who have served prison sentences for petty crimes like stealing money,chicken ,and other stuff that they can lay their hands on.Now they are trying to look for jobs and try to reform themselves but sadly no one seems to give them a second chance.I got one of them to do some garden work and he was feeling miserable because of the way others look at him full of suspicion.
I wonder whether this is the right attitude ? or are other people justified to a certain extent in being suspicious about them and their motives ?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8842]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is fact of life. Criminal record is life long liability. If somebody is once labelled as thief or criminal, it is difficult to believe that he is changed.

It is not easy to change social perception. The person should go to a new place and conceal his past record. He may succeed there. The police and government should also help him in rehabilitation. There is also a need for creating social awareness that a thief or any criminal having undergone punishment is worthy of rehabilitation and regaining his lost honor.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
You can give them a chance but cannot rely them blindly. I agree that "Once a thief is always a thief". If you will give him a chance, he will steal.
This is fact of life. Criminal record is life long liability. If somebody is once labelled as thief or criminal, it is difficult to believe that he is changed.

It is not easy to change social perception. The person should go to a new place and conceal his past record. He may succeed there. The police and government should also help him in rehabilitation. There is also a need for creating social awareness that a thief or any criminal having undergone punishment is worthy of rehabilitation and regaining his lost honor.

I strongly feel so, because a person may want to genuinely reform himself or herself but the circumstances and the attitude of the people may make him go back to his bad ways.There are many instances where such a thing has happened ...But I strongly feel that the government should have a rehabilitation program like they have in Western countries where they go through a probation and then given a job like anybody else..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No this is not true. He can live a better life if somebody give a chance. We are human beings. Human beings made mistakes in some times. But after realizing the mistake the won't do that again. :) :) :)

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
quote = Devyani Sarkar You can give them a chance but cannot rely them blindly. I agree that "Once a thief is always a thief". If you will give him a chance, he will steal.

No this is not true. He can live a better life if somebody give a chance. We are human beings. Human beings made mistakes in some times. But after realizing the mistake the won't do that again. :) :) :)

@ Devyani,I feel that reaction is a bit strong and unfair....For all you know it may be the persons first crime and the circumstances too need to be taken into consideration..

I agree Mary that it is always better to make them realise their mistake and since they have already been punished they should be given a chance to come up in life..

Well, i personally don't believe in this saying.. things change.. time change.. people change.. but yes one needs to be careful..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Well, i personally don't believe in this saying.. things change.. time change.. people change.. but yes one needs to be careful..

Yes of course thats there, we have to be careful but there is no need to shun a person and make him feel small and inferior because people do make mistakes and some regret and try to make amends...so they need to be given a chance to do so..

No it is not true once a thief is not always thief. It depends upon situation. In many cases situation makes them thief. Again situation can make them good.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
A thief becomes thief only if he is caught. By this way, how many thieves are living among us!!!
I always believe in giving another opportunity to a person, if he believe so. Faults and mistakes.....everyone can commit. It doesn't mean, he should be punished for ever, whole through his life, particularly if his mistakes are small.
Everyone in this earth has right to correct his mistakes.
But I have to tell onething, it's not easy to win a lost belief once again!!!

Meera sandhu
A thief becomes thief only if he is caught. By this way, how many thieves are living among us!!!
I always believe in giving another opportunity to a person, if he believe so. Faults and mistakes.....everyone can commit. It doesn't mean, he should be punished for ever, whole through his life, particularly if his mistakes are small.
Everyone in this earth has right to correct his mistakes.
But I have to tell onething, it's not easy to win a lost belief once again!!!

Ya you said like jesus that who among us never did any mistake.
Hats off. Tusi great ho. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.