The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sanjeev, buddisht are vegetarians.IF your want you can verify in google

"According to Theravada, the Buddha allowed his monks to eat pork, chicken and beef if the animal was not killed for the purpose of providing food for monks. Theravada also believes that the Buddha allowed the monks to choose a vegetarian diet, but only prohibited against eating human, elephant, horse, dog, snake, lion, tiger, bear, leopard, and hyena flesh.[1] The Buddha did not prohibit any kind of meat-eating for his lay followers. In Vajrayana, the act of eating meat is not always prohibited. The Mahayana schools generally recommend a vegetarian diet, for they believe that the Buddha insisted that his followers should not eat meat or fish".

Above matter is copied from google.Please check it out. :)

This is great to know that Buddhist also eats pork. thanks for sharing the information. :cheer:

Vinu
Sanjeev actually I met once a buddist so he told me they never have non veg and they are vegetarian. So believe those words. Anyway thanks for correcting me

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

[quote]yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die. [/quote]

Sarala, people who cover their mouths with a mask and sweep the grounds before sitting on it, are Jains and not Buddhists!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Sanjeev actually I met once a buddist so he told me they never have non veg and they are vegetarian. So believe those words. Anyway thanks for correcting me [/quote]

Sarala, although many Buddhists claim that they are strictly vegetarians, majority of the Buddhist population in the world is spread out in countries like India, Sri Lanka, Japan, China etc and their staple food is mainly animal meat!!

I am yet to see a Buddhist person who never eats animal meat!!

[quote]yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die.

Sarala, people who cover their mouths with a mask and sweep the grounds before sitting on it, are Jains and not Buddhists![/quote]

Buddhists are believer in non violence but they are not vegetarian like Jain. A Buddhist monk will accept even non veg food in charity. The Buddhists in China and Tibet take fish. The Buddhists in India take non veg food and alcoholic drinks.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I dont know up to now as buddhists take non-veg and alcohol.

This is a valuable information.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die.

Sarala, people who cover their mouths with a mask and sweep the grounds before sitting on it, are Jains and not Buddhists!

Buddhists are believer in non violence but they are not vegetarian like Jain. A Buddhist monk will accept even non veg food in charity. The Buddhists in China and Tibet take fish. The Buddhists in India take non veg food and alcoholic drinks[/quote]

True!

yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die.

Saralaji we should not talk about any religion without knowing about it. :)
Yes you are right sanjeev as this may hurt some of them. And may cause issues also.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I dont know up to now as buddhists take non-veg and alcohol.

This is a valuable information.

Food habits depend more on climate and Geography than religion. This is true about language, culture, traditions all. Possibly, Chinese and Tibetan Buddhists differ in many respects from Indian Buddhists. General public don not strictly adhere to religious teaching. so, I stress that even Dalai lama and other Buddhists monks take non veg food. Every community, particularly Tribal have their own brand of liqueur, which they take whatever be the religion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.