The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sanjeev actually I met once a buddist so he told me they never have non veg and they are vegetarian. So believe those words. Anyway thanks for correcting me

Sarala, as I stated elsewhere, general public follow the practice in their region and not adhere to religious sermons. Sikhism prohibits smoking but good many among them smoke. Hence, we should double check what we write here. Theory and practice often differ.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I dont know up to now as buddhists take non-veg and alcohol.

This is a valuable information.

Food habits depend more on climate and Geography than religion. This is true about language, culture, traditions all. Possibly, Chinese and Tibetan Buddhists differ in many respects from Indian Buddhists. General public don not strictly adhere to religious teaching. so, I stress that even Dalai lama and other Buddhists monks take non veg food. Every community, particularly Tribal have their own brand of liqueur, which they take whatever be the religion.

That's right food habits are as per the climatic conditions but presently they don't only depend on the climate they more depend on the taste. :)
In our indian culture many of people does not take serious of their culture.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

In our indian culture many of people does not take serious of their culture.

That's the main reason otherwise i don't think any religion can say that we can kill animals and eat them. :dry:
[quote]yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die.

Sarala, people who cover their mouths with a mask and sweep the grounds before sitting on it, are Jains and not Buddhists!

Buddhists are believer in non violence but they are not vegetarian like Jain. A Buddhist monk will accept even non veg food in charity. The Buddhists in China and Tibet take fish. The Buddhists in India take non veg food and alcoholic drinks.[/quote]

:huh: I have to change my knowledge.
Till now, I believed that both Jains and Buddhists are vegetarians.

Brahmins are vegetarians and never take drinks. Isn't it?
But we can now see such priests in temples taking both :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
[quote]yes, the main source and starting of becoming vegetarian is buddhism. The people of buddhism cover their nose and mouth with a mask so that the invisible creature in the air wont enter their mouth and nose and die.

Sarala, people who cover their mouths with a mask and sweep the grounds before sitting on it, are Jains and not Buddhists!

Buddhists are believer in non violence but they are not vegetarian like Jain. A Buddhist monk will accept even non veg food in charity. The Buddhists in China and Tibet take fish. The Buddhists in India take non veg food and alcoholic drinks.

:huh: I have to change my knowledge.
Till now, I believed that both Jains and Buddhists are vegetarians.

Brahmins are vegetarians and never take drinks. Isn't it?
But we can now see such priests in temples taking both :angry: :angry:[/quote]

Now a days no body follow what religion says they go by their taste. :evil:

Even the pujaris of the temple drink.Are they supposed to? :evil:
Religion is nothing but a set of guidelines that the followers of that sect are supposed to observe, but it is ultimately the individual's choice of what to eat or drink! Also, one should not neglect the fact that the customs followed in any religion mainly reflect the geographical conditions of the places where the religion is born or the people of that religion inhabit!

Eg. For Brahmins in Maharashtra, Karnataka and elsewhere , it is sacrilege to touch meat of all forms - poultry, animal, fish etc. Yet, for Brahmins in West Bengal and Goa, fish is their staple food. So one cannot really categorize such sects as meat-eating and veggie-eating people etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

yes, now days bramins are also tasting non vegeterain. Atleast they are having egg

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

yes, now days bramins are also tasting non vegeterain. Atleast they are having egg

Though i have seen most of the brahmins eat non veg and drink in my friend circle but they hide it from their parents as they know their parents won't spare them if they come to know about it. :laugh:

Though i have seen most of the brahmins eat non veg and drink in my friend circle but they hide it from their parents as they know their parents won't spare them if they come to know about it. :laugh:

North Indian Brahmins consider egg as Vegetarian but noth Southern ones. But my friend eats cake....(egg is added :P )

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.