Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How to maintain cleanliness in public places?

Indian cities are the filthiest in the world with absolutely no proper garbage disposal and management.It is becoming worse by the day and no matter how much an individual does in his capacity it is not enough since it requires mass involvement and also a serious effort by the authorities in charge...

Absolutely we cannot leave it to MCD personnel only we will have share the responsibility to make our city look better. When I see any foreign city it gives me a feeling that it would take at least 10 years to come to that level once we will start it today. :blink:

You are right Sanjeev, there is a lot of patriotism and pride in most foreigners and they also have a well developed v civic sense so much so that they tell you when you are doing something that is causing a nuisance and of course no one thinks of littering there like they do here except probably in areas where Indians dominate..

Exactly! here in Delhi if we see people throwing garbage on the road but we fear to oppose as God knows what would be the reaction.People don't have civic sense here at least in Delhi as you can see garbage lying on the road side or near the dustbin as people don't bother even to throw that garbage in the bin. That's pity that's why I feel Delhi is not the city to live. :evil:
If Government could not pass any strict rules then atleast they should counsel or make aware to the people about the effect of garbage being around the house and in public places.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

How to maintain cleanliness in public places?

Indian cities are the filthiest in the world with absolutely no proper garbage disposal and management.It is becoming worse by the day and no matter how much an individual does in his capacity it is not enough since it requires mass involvement and also a serious effort by the authorities in charge...

Absolutely we cannot leave it to MCD personnel only we will have share the responsibility to make our city look better. When I see any foreign city it gives me a feeling that it would take at least 10 years to come to that level once we will start it today. :blink:

You are right Sanjeev, there is a lot of patriotism and pride in most foreigners and they also have a well developed v civic sense so much so that they tell you when you are doing something that is causing a nuisance and of course no one thinks of littering there like they do here except probably in areas where Indians dominate..

Exactly! here in Delhi if we see people throwing garbage on the road but we fear to oppose as God knows what would be the reaction.People don't have civic sense here at least in Delhi as you can see garbage lying on the road side or near the dustbin as people don't bother even to throw that garbage in the bin. That's pity that's why I feel Delhi is not the city to live. :evil:

That is the case with all major cities, all cities known once for their beauty like Bangalore are becoming very dirty, so also smaller 2 tier cities since they too are growing and that means there is floating population and migratory workers who all add to this ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Don't spit in the public places. We should have to maintain the public places are very clean.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Haha, You know what, In India, at the Government office wall, they write don't spit or urinate on the office walls outside, then also people go near to that and spit and urinate.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Punishing people for simple thing is not at all correct. But keeping fine is the correct thing. So if any person through rubbish on the road then he should be fined of some 50 rs. Then people will surely feel that they should not throw anything in public places, if they throw then they will be fined, so unnecessarily they need to pay and waste their money. So from then they will stop such things.

The actual experience differs. People do not bother about fine. They will pay fine readily but not mend themselves. They break traffic rules and readily pay fine.

Sir, I want to ask that Is there any rule, which is made by the Government, to control the Garbage? We see the Foreign Countries clean and when we see our Country, we can't even try to compare, because in cleanliness, they are far more Better than us.

This is local administration issue. The municipal corporation and other local bodies are responsible for cleanliness.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If each individual is conscious and working towards keeping at least his/her surroundings clean, we can hope for some positive change.But I see most people cleaning up their own houses and gardens and throwing the rubbish into other people's compounds or on the road sometimes even blocking the footpaths without having any consideration for other people...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

By giving the punishments to people who are not following the rules towards cleanliness.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I Hope we are do our work and responsibility about maintain cleanliness in public places.
If each individual is conscious and working towards keeping at least his/her surroundings clean, we can hope for some positive change.But I see most people cleaning up their own houses and gardens and throwing the rubbish into other people's compounds or on the road sometimes even blocking the footpaths without having any consideration for other people...

That's right, Usha! common Indian mentality is clean your homes and throw the garbage out - that out can be anything from your neighbour's garden to a public footpath! While we are a stickler fro personal cleanliness and spotless homes, no one thinks twice before spitting on a footpath or inside the public transports etc. If this habit were strictly controlled by way of severe fines, then probably people would think twice before littering and dirtying public spaces.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.