OpenMeans Forum

Welcome, Guest

Discuss about any general topics on this forum. It can be entertainment or politics or games or anything you likes the most.

Topics [General Discussions]

On the happy occasion of New year, I convey my good wishes to all.
Here Comes the Moment Bidding Adieu to One More Year Ceaseless Flow of Time - One Leaving for Another to Appear. Hearts Grew Warm with Golden and Glorious Hours When Human...
Tamil Nadu has many communities and several types of food.  The Chettinad cuisine is now famous throughout the world.  From Tiruchrapalli to Karaikudi, there are several small...
In Tamil Nadu, we have the private sector buses plying in many parts of the State.  As a rule, they have to charge the same amount as charged by the State Governenment buses. In...
Yet another year will dawn in less than twelve hours from now, and there will be celebrations all around.  That is all fine, but within a day or two, things go back to...
Tiruchirapalli is a land of quite a few temples -- the Ranganathar temple at Srirangam, the Vayalur temple of Lord Muruga and the famous Rock Fort temple. Rock fort is right in...
Balachander, the ace director from Tamil Nadu, recently passed away.  He had made some good movies, and he did discover the talents of both Kamal hasan and Rajnikant.  Of course,...
The Central Government has come with a legislation mandating that the Corporates spend 2% of their profits on Corporate Social Responsibility activities. In India, Corporates do...
I would not know how many members would have visited Coimbatore city.  It has all the makings of a huge metro, which it will become in just under ten years goo. Barring April...
Some years ago, the Tamil Nadu Government brought in a very good scheme -- rain water harvesting, and made it compulsory for every home.  Since then, Chennai, has gained a great...
Every Indian city has a huge multitude of small shops and small hotels that sell food at very cheap prices.  The retail shops sell the smaller versions of every product -- the...
I had lived for almost four years in Ahmedabad, and found the bus conductors and drivers, very decent and well behaved.  They would really treat all women well, and I had not...
There is always a very highly distorted opinion about Chennai, the fourth largest city and the largest in South India. Contrary to all public perception, it is not a...
Ever since the BJP has come to power, the RSS has been very active.  Its slogan of the Hindus ruling India, and its open hatred for the minorities is now coming right to the...
Rajnikant has been a great Superstar of Tamil Cinema.  Though he is 64 years old now, he dances around trees or sings duets with ladies fit enough to be his daughters.  In...
I had recently been to a very famous Shopping mall in Chennai.  The mall itself is a symbol of the rising upper middle class and the rich, who just want to spend a huge amount of...
Now meat shops and slaughter houses will be licensed by center. I wonder ho this will be administratively feasible for the center to license and control the petty meat shops and...
Coimbatore is a booming tier 2 city, reportedly the fastest growing among such cities.  It already has two five star hotels, and a few more are expected to open shop in the next...
Chennai, the fourth largest city in India, and ranked among the best cities to live in, continues to grow by leaps and bounds.  The city has expanded to over sixty kilometers on...
Selfless and compassionate  Dr. Vibha kRISHNAMOOTHY DEDICATED  her life to help the specially abled through her venture...