Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh yeah, That was a great effort but he is too smart, he knows it well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But I think, we should learn a little to flatter also, to keep him here....ha ha

Is my last sentence comparing ourselves to Gopis eagerly waiting for Kanha (Chinmoy) not enough flattery.

But your flattery worked sir.....Kanha returned back to his gopis :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not seen after that ...
So, I think, you have to try once more :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
I notice that most people are very miserly with their compliments when it is deserving, however flattery flows freely since there is no substance to it.. :)

I agree. People feel jealous of those who deserve compliments. Hence they are miserly in giving compliments. But flattery flows from some selfish motive.

A genuine compliment given with an open heart does wonders to a persons ego especially when the person is need of it, like for example , a student who is otherwise performing badly, does even a little better ,needs to be encouraged...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I notice that most people are very miserly with their compliments when it is deserving, however flattery flows freely since there is no substance to it.. :)

I agree. People feel jealous of those who deserve compliments. Hence they are miserly in giving compliments. But flattery flows from some selfish motive.

A genuine compliment given with an open heart does wonders to a persons ego especially when the person is need of it, like for example , a student who is otherwise performing badly, does even a little better ,needs to be encouraged...

Usha, you have put it perfectly well, but for a student who needs encouragement, I think we can call that motivation instead of flattery. And another thing that I feel is that a person who has quite high self-esteem, does not get swayed by any false flattery, because he knows his own deltas and positives and also accepts them well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But I think, we should learn a little to flatter also, to keep him here....ha ha

Is my last sentence comparing ourselves to Gopis eagerly waiting for Kanha (Chinmoy) not enough flattery.

He is too smart to consider flattery as a motivation to keep him here!!

Yet we can try ;)

Meera sandhu

Yet we can try ;)

Try try! I have told you before too that flattery does not work on him!!! :laugh:

Many people flatter others because they have some motive. I hate flattery. I generally avoid people who do so. Compliment is good. I like that if I have really done something great.
Kanha was moody, this was his own decision and come and dance with Gopis while the gopis though this was their's choice, in fact Kanha had them dancing to hhis tunes. Kanha has bigger works to do. ;) He comes when he feels like.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Usha, you have put it perfectly well, but for a student who needs encouragement, I think we can call that motivation instead of flattery. And another thing that I feel is that a person who has quite high self-esteem, does not get swayed by any false flattery, because he knows his own deltas and positives and also accepts them well.

True ! I think we need to strive to rise above that , where you don;t get swayed by flattery and are able to accept and appreciate genuine praise or compliment also well meant criticism !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.