Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I notice that most people are very miserly with their compliments when it is deserving, however flattery flows freely since there is no substance to it.. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I notice that most people are very miserly with their compliments when it is deserving, however flattery flows freely since there is no substance to it.. :)

I agree. People feel jealous of those who deserve compliments. Hence they are miserly in giving compliments. But flattery flows from some selfish motive.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes....
I have commented in Chinmayjee's thread, "How to distinguish flattery from admiration?"......
We need to say 1000 words to make him happy, if it's just flattery while true admiration not need even a single word at all!!! Just a look or 1 word can do that job well ...... :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu

Yes....
I have commented in Chinmayjee's thread, "How to distinguish flattery from admiration?"......
We need to say 1000 words to make him happy, if it's just flattery while true admiration not need even a single word at all!!! Just a look or 1 word can do that job well ...... :) :) :) :)

chinmoy Mikherjee is our topmost member. He has the rare distinction of excelling in quantitative and qualitative terms both. His posts are informative, logical, humorous and educative. This is as for as quality goes. He has also earned more than one lakh points. This goes to establish that he is No one in quantitative terms also.

We miss him since long. I hope he would at least occasionally appear on the site. We miss him like Gopis in Gokul.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Yes....

chinmoy Mikherjee is our topmost member. He has the rare distinction of excelling in quantitative and qualitative terms both. His posts are informative, logical, humorous and educative. This is as for as quality goes. He has also earned more than one lakh points. This goes to establish that he is No one in quantitative terms also.

We miss him since long. I hope he would at least occasionally appear on the site. We miss him like Gopis in Gokul.

Ha ha ha...
I think.....your admiration has really worked out.....
Seeing your comment, Moon has come out of his grahan after a long period :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
So, am thanking you also :) :)

I really liked this sentence...."We miss him like Gopis in Gokul. " :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

I agree. People feel jealous of those who deserve compliments. Hence they are miserly in giving compliments. But flattery flows from some selfish motive.

So true!! This just proves that flattery comes only out of selfish motives.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes....

DITTO!!! and this is all sincere admiration, not flattery!!! :) :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But I think, we should learn a little to flatter also, to keep him here....ha ha

Meera sandhu
We can very easily make out who is flattering and who is appreciating

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

But I think, we should learn a little to flatter also, to keep him here....ha ha

Is my last sentence comparing ourselves to Gopis eagerly waiting for Kanha (Chinmoy) not enough flattery.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.