The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am a Punjabi but we do not follow this trnd, because we have decided against dowry in any case. I am father of a married daughter and spent lavishly with every thing possible yet paid no cash apart from a tilak of Groom and his close relatives.

No no... In our family too no one gave cash to Groom Parents,this system is not there.But Bride's parents do give Dowry according to their wish,so that in society the respect is retained.This has become common.

Punjabi ya de dil vaadde honde ne... Ki kanede ho tusi Sunil paji?

Koi shak? Me te kenna chaddo beyan diyan gallan te karo kamm di gall. We never let any one enter in to our household who talks about money in cash. Te giftan jinni marzi lelo. Golli kidee te gehne kide? :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely Correct Sirji.My mother is just next to me and I read your last line
Golli kidee te gehne kide? and had to ask my mother because she is PAKKI PUNJABAN. to know the meaning. :laugh: :laugh:

Yes this is quoted as a joke only but not in actual meaning by Punjabi while in funny mood. Convey my regards to your mom.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am a Punjabi but we do not follow this trnd, because we have decided against dowry in any case. I am father of a married daughter and spent lavishly with every thing possible yet paid no cash apart from a tilak of Groom and his close relatives.

No no... In our family too no one gave cash to Groom Parents,this system is not there.But Bride's parents do give Dowry according to their wish,so that in society the respect is retained.This has become common.

Koi shak? Me te kenna chaddo beyan diyan gallan te karo kamm di gall. We never let any one enter in to our household who talks about money in cash. Te giftan jinni marzi lelo. Golli kidee te gehne kide? :laugh: :laugh:

Golli kidee te gehne kide? and had to ask my mother because she is PAKKI PUNJABAN. to know the meaning. :laugh: :laugh:

Yes this is quoted as a joke only but not in actual meaning by Punjabi while in funny mood. Convey my regards to your mom.

Yes,she explained the meaning of it. I have already Conveyed.

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes,she explained the meaning of it. I have already Conveyed.

Thanks a lot a karma for you as well. Phulo te falo... :laugh: :laugh:

Sarala there is some other countries which are very near to us they will kidnap the girl and rape her after marriage her.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I am also against dowry system. Some of them didn't take it. But i will say that it is the responsibility of the parents to give something to them if it is a boy or girl. But buying dowry forcely is wrong.

Joseph Jose
www.smart4posts.blogspot.com

You are right parents of boys and girls always want to present gifts to their children at marriage time, this way they show their love and blessings.

Having dowry as a gift is not a wrong thing. But it should not demanded

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I am also against dowry system. Some of them didn't take it. But i will say that it is the responsibility of the parents to give something to them if it is a boy or girl. But buying dowry forcely is wrong.

Yes, making the girl's future settled, helping her is really good. What they can give, it's OK. But bride groom's family should agree with it.
You are from southern Kerala, my neighbour. You know it better. How many families are made dowry 'not a serious' one???
I think among Kottayam Christians, it's not a big thing. They make girls well educated. Except them, all others are the same :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
Having dowry as a gift is not a wrong thing. But it should not demanded

I am not in favor of dealing people who demand dowry, they should be shown the door.

Even me too sunil ji, i already decided that if i have a son or daughter, i won't give dowry and i won't take dowry. If they want dowry then they should not demand, how much i want to give as gift to my daugter and son in law i give and i won't take dowry from daugter in law too.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.