The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One of my friend didnt even take a single rupee as dowry. His wife came with the dress she wore that it. He only purchased everything and he only invested everything for the marriage also. such kind of people will be very less on this earth

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Sarala,
what about your community? What's its importance?
Is it strict or just as you wish?

Meera sandhu
No one asks for it in our community. If some one wants to make gifts with his/her own will that's ok.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In our community, it's almost a common phenomenon to ask dowry and fixing marriages according to it, at the time of meeting itself. Even my marriage happened so. I think it is very common in our state as love marriages are only a few. May be because people have become over-educated!!!!!

Meera sandhu
It used to be demand cases earlier now girls have taken to professions so they dare not ask for money as dowry. Girls are earning big amount to keep them happy.

My husband's cousin...he has more than 6 feet height. He rejected many girls only for the sake of his height. But later married a girl of just 5 feet , only because she was earning 25000 rupees per month. She was not that much good looking and height only till his waist. Yet money says it all!!!!!! Aunty gave us an excuse, "Both are working. So they won't get enough time to go outside together. Even if they go together, she can put on high heel shoes, no problem"...ha ha.
Am not complaining the girl. What am saying is, money is the only basis of all marriages...even applicable for highly educated and earning males. Just a few days before, this boy(actually my class mate)......while family was searching for his bride, I said, "Marry a girl which suits you best of good character". I was really surprised with his reply, "Good girl...who wants??? I just want a lot of money!!!!!" I was really shocked hearing his reply

Meera sandhu
I am not sure as my daughter earns about 27k per day in Indian currency and SIL about 30K they both are working in Australia and money never came in between although I spent 9L and they also spent almost same.

Sandhya about the person whom i have said just now is from a muslim community and pakka muslim. but in my community, they take dowry very badly. They even demand as if they have stored money in our houses. But there some people like me also who does not care about money. such people say they don't need dowry and some people say its your wish to give dowry how much you want but you need to pay but there is no fixed number. But most of the people demand and they feel marriage as business

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

In our community also, we never demand only this is our own will how much we want o spend on marriages. We give gifts to children not in cash.

Sandhya about the person whom i have said just now is from a muslim community and pakka muslim. but in my community, they take dowry very badly. They even demand as if they have stored money in our houses. But there some people like me also who does not care about money. such people say they don't need dowry and some people say its your wish to give dowry how much you want but you need to pay but there is no fixed number. But most of the people demand and they feel marriage as business

That makes bad image on marriages.
Even my marriage, they asked 2 lakhs for marriage expenses and house furnishing...which was a big amount before 7 years. My father had to run a lot to get a loan for my marriage and I was in big tension seeing all these. Actually, the broker did it, as he hid the money requirement till we family met and we two liked each other . It's their trade secret, I think so:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.