The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How many of you people's marriage have occurred without giving dowry? Let me see at least one person has done an arranged marriage without this evil factor. :dry:
I am influenced from Amir's episode :)

Of course my own marriage was done without any dowry and the expenditure was shared by both the sides...It was the same with my brother and sister too.We have no dowry system in our community ...If someone wants to gift something on their accord that is something else, like for example , my cousin brother married a very rich girl and he was given a Honda city car by his father in law...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How many of you people's marriage have occurred without giving dowry? Let me see at least one person has done an arranged marriage without this evil factor. :dry:
I am influenced from Amir's episode :)

Of course my own marriage was done without any dowry and the expenditure was shared by both the sides...It was the same with my brother and sister too.We have no dowry system in our community ...If someone wants to gift something on their accord that is something else, like for example , my cousin brother married a very rich girl and he was given a Honda city car by his father in law...

So You, Kalyani, Mathi, Kumaresh!!!!
Nice list :) :) :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu
Ya great to see many people are against the dowry,But we try to make it everyone.....
This is 'no dowry' system in our community not on demand at least. We never entertain any one who asks for it although marriages are big ceremonies in our area but no cash. Gifts are our choice.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But in my cast marriage means dowry taking business, they wont bother about how the girl look and all.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

But in my cast marriage means dowry taking business, they wont bother about how the girl look and all.

In our culture(Punjabi Culture) Dowry is taken,but its the girl's parents who give it.It is said that if they don't give dowry,girl will not be happy.
I don't believe this.

Want to make each day Accountable

I am a Punjabi but we do not follow this trnd, because we have decided against dowry in any case. I am father of a married daughter and spent lavishly with every thing possible yet paid no cash apart from a tilak of Groom and his close relatives.

I am a Punjabi but we do not follow this trnd, because we have decided against dowry in any case. I am father of a married daughter and spent lavishly with every thing possible yet paid no cash apart from a tilak of Groom and his close relatives.

No no... In our family too no one gave cash to Groom Parents,this system is not there.But Bride's parents do give Dowry according to their wish,so that in society the respect is retained.This has become common.

Punjabi ya de dil vaadde honde ne... Ki kanede ho tusi Sunil paji?

No no... In our family too no one gave cash to Groom Parents,this system is not there.But Bride's parents do give Dowry according to their wish,so that in society the respect is retained.This has become common.

Koi shak? Me te kenna chaddo beyan diyan gallan te karo kamm di gall. We never let any one enter in to our household who talks about money in cash. Te giftan jinni marzi lelo. Golli kidee te gehne kide? :laugh: :laugh:

Koi shak? Me te kenna chaddo beyan diyan gallan te karo kamm di gall. We never let any one enter in to our household who talks about money in cash. Te giftan jinni marzi lelo. Golli kidee te gehne kide? :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely Correct Sirji.My mother is just next to me and I read your last line
Golli kidee te gehne kide? and had to ask my mother because she is PAKKI PUNJABAN. to know the meaning. :laugh: :laugh:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.