The topic is locked.
How many of you people's marriage have occurred without giving dowry? Let me see at least one person has done an arranged marriage without this evil factor. :dry:
I am influenced from Amir's episode :)

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Just two months ago, my nephew was married without dowry. Of course, some customary gifts like clothes for some relatives were given but this is not dowry.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My father and brother had married without any dowry.....but not mine :evil:

Meera sandhu
In our punjabi culture,the bride's family gives Dowry. Now,it has become a tradition.
I am against it,but if the bride's family want to give it,then they can.
Bride's family think that if they will obey those tradition which are coming along from many years,then their daughter will be safe.
Now,the parents thinking is like this,so we can't do much in this.

Want to make each day Accountable

In our punjabi culture,the bride's family gives Dowry. Now,it has become a tradition.
I am against it,but if the bride's family want to give it,then they can.
Bride's family think that if they will obey those tradition which are coming along from many years,then their daughter will be safe.
Now,the parents thinking is like this,so we can't do much in this.

It's true, boys and girls have equal rights on parents' property and they gave their kids to make their life more secure. But still, some want more than what they actually deserve, isn't it?

Meera sandhu
I am pulling this thread up to make it visible. Let it not hide behind pages again

Meera sandhu
It can never be weeded out from our society as long as the giver and the taker are willing parties!!
I am not yet married yet. But, as of now me and my parents decided not get any dowry for my marriage. :)

Vinu
Thank you said by: Mary
I too don't like to take dowry and also i don't want it. I think its not good.

Want to make each day Accountable

This is Episode not a real thing.Today everyone take dowry before marriages.
In our family we all three brother and sister married without dowry.But the custom was followed and some gifts like cloths and furniture were given.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.