The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Long time ago I thought that no one begs willingly, But now it is a good profession for many and makes money easily.Even I saw in news that some beggars are lakhpati.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I don't think its a right practice to give alms to a beggar who has all his/her body parts intact and in the functional condition because these people don't want to leave the easy way of earning. Moreover if you are giving money to a child beggar you cannot be sure if that money is helping the child as he may end up buying supari/tobacco for him or end up giving money to his/her master who exploit these poor children and teach them to beg to earn money.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Some beggar are very clever. They cheat us. But its difficult to know that they are cheating us. When they come to us for begging, they are always in bad condition. So, to determine they are genuine or not, is difficult.

Professional beggars know how to arouse pity in others. So they go for begging by wearing tattered clothes and telling some very sad stories. Many people are duped with their professionalism.
Beggars always found in front of temple. My relations take more change when going to Velankanni to give for beggars.

Beggars usually crowd around Temples and other tourist spots as they know that they have higher chance of getting money from these places. Many God fearing people and tourists easily feel pity and give money genorously
The fact is more crowded the places more the beggars, beggars are found every where people are gathered. Even railway stations and bus stands are good hunting grounds for them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

When festivals/celebrations of holy places like temples begin, we can see a lot of handicapped person on either side of the roads leading to temples. When sun sets, we can't even a single person there. So, it's sure, some big lobbies are involved in this 'business'.
But day before yesterday when we went to Kochi, around 9.30 pm, I saw a poor old woman around 75-80 years old laying in the street foot path. She was very weak. I really felt pity seeing her. I asked my husband to give her something. I always feel pity on such weak old people. How much money are we spending lavishly. If we give a small amount to such poor people, we lose nothing. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
When festivals/celebrations of holy places like temples begin, we can see a lot of handicapped person on either side of the roads leading to temples. When sun sets, we can't even a single person there. So, it's sure, some big lobbies are involved in this 'business'.
But day before yesterday when we went to Kochi, around 9.30 pm, I saw a poor old woman around 75-80 years old laying in the street foot path. She was very weak. I really felt pity seeing her. I asked my husband to give her something. I always feel pity on such weak old people. How much money are we spending lavishly. If we give a small amount to such poor people, we lose nothing. Isn't it?

I have always thought that good to give money to needy ones only. We should relate it to religion but to the deserving only.

I have always thought that good to give money to needy ones only. We should relate it to religion but to the deserving only.

Once I went Banke Bihari Mandir in Vrindavan and when I came out of the temple I just gave 5 Rs note to a girl whom I thought was a needy but what I saw approximately 15 beggars were rushing towards me and did not allow me to go forward but somehow I managed to get rid of them but that was horrible from that day only I sewared that I won't give a penny to any beggar near any temple. :blink:

Once I went Banke Bihari Mandir in Vrindavan and when I came out of the temple I just gave 5 Rs note to a girl whom I thought was a needy but what I saw approximately 15 beggars were rushing towards me and did not allow me to go forward but somehow I managed to get rid of them but that was horrible from that day only I sewared that I won't give a penny to any beggar near any temple. :blink:

That happens in every places, once yo pay to one in need you shall be flocked with the whole lot present there to make you pay.

It's most seen in temples nowadays, particularly festival season.....no doubt!!

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.