The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel very sad for the beggars.It is really a shame for the country.Government took no care for the beggar.If corruption stops then these problem will slightly decrease.Government is not taking any step to bring back the Black Money.

No sometimes people find begging to be the easiest job to earn money so they take it as profession many a times I have seen on TV and read in News paper that there is Mafia who run this beggars racket. :evil:

If some one gets shameless and unhesitatingly begs, he will do no other job. This is easiest. Just yesterday I read a Tit Bit about a beggar at Road ways. A passenger told him that he would give him rs. five if could just shift his luggage at roof of bus. To this beggar responded that he could do so provided that the passenger held the begging bowl in his hands meanwhile and collect the alms. He even offered 30% of the revenue in the bowl.

Oh that's strange.
:laugh:
It seems he was a professional beggar who just want to beg nothing else. :blink:
It depends upon mood. If Iam in good mood I will give some money. Bad mood wont give money.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
If I see a very old beggar, I can't keep quiet. I will give them money. But, if I find, he/she has enough health to work, I never give even a single paisa.
But still when someone knock my door, I feel bad if I don't give anything.
Many people come saying disease of their family members or marriage of their daughter. :evil: :evil:
Some young ladies come with kids.....I won't give them money...as I know well, it's not a difficult job to earn 300- 400 rs for a lady in Kerala if she is willing to work. :evil: :evil:

But I have found one thing, if I give 5 rs, they will go quietly. But if I give 10, they ask more. I often feel bad hearing their demands.

Meera sandhu
When a beggar comes to me, either I give him money or just avoid him. I leave the place. They are so dirty and diseased people.

Devyaniji, pyar do.. toh pyar milega..
Try to give some food, if you are not able to give money to them.

The More you give, more and more you get.

Want to make each day Accountable

I never give money as I feel that by giving them money I would be encouraging them to take an easy way out. However, if I feel that it is a genuine case, I offer food and other articles. But I do give money to those people who sometimes come to the train compartment and clean the floor and then ask for money.

Good thought Jabeen. I always try to give some food to them. If food is not available, which has happened with me only rarely, then i give money.

But we should try to give food to them.

You know Ronark, There is a very famous article 'Beggars are my mentors'because they teach us the famous line- Jo de uska bhi hala jo na de uska... You see I like this line and most of the time I do not give unless I see some one really deserving.

"Paathramarinjuvenam bhiksha kodukkaan"........"Give alms knowing his 'Katori'" . I can't get a English name of Katori. :evil: :evil:
Is it bowl?

You can give anything to anyone.....but should know if he truly deserves it

I don't understand, how could we know that the beggar is deserving or not? A person begs just because he doesn't has.

You know Ronark, There is a very famous article 'Beggars are my mentors'because they teach us the famous line- Jo de uska bhi hala jo na de uska... You see I like this line and most of the time I do not give unless I see some one really deserving.

My heart sometimes melts when any child comes in front of me. I am very emotional kind of person.

But we should not let our emotions decide our course of actions. we need to think properly whether it is a genuine case or not. You might not be aware of the fact but giving money to beggars has encouraged crimes also. For instance, some people kidnap children and force them to beg. sometimes, after making them physically handicap. So, by giving money we might actually be encouraging such crimes.Moreover, as sunilji has said, some of them are expert in invoking sympathy in others with fake words.

When i was studying in Udaipur, I used to go out with my friends to have some street food of Udaipur. There when we used to eat, lots of beggar just cover the place where people are eating and used to start begging. One boy who was very poor, came to me and when i was giving some money to that boy, one localite told me stopped me by saying that i should rather give food to that boy, than giving money. He told that these boys lives close to this place and their parents force them to beg. The money they collect from begging is been used to buy Alcohol for their Father.
So, if our heart tells us to help them, we should give them food, rather than giving money.

Some beggar are very clever. They cheat us. But its difficult to know that they are cheating us. When they come to us for begging, they are always in bad condition. So, to determine they are genuine or not, is difficult.

What you feel about enunch? Do you give them money when they come to you? I have always been said that when any enunch comes to you, you should never leave them empty handed.
They always bless us and their blessing is equal to GOD. What do you feel about enunch?

Beggars always found in front of temple. My relations take more change when going to Velankanni to give for beggars.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.