The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is always festive season in temples in our areas. This is too crowded here compared to South India.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

When festivals/celebrations of holy places like temples begin, we can see a lot of handicapped person on either side of the roads leading to temples. When sun sets, we can't even a single person there. So, it's sure, some big lobbies are involved in this 'business'.
But day before yesterday when we went to Kochi, around 9.30 pm, I saw a poor old woman around 75-80 years old laying in the street foot path. She was very weak. I really felt pity seeing her. I asked my husband to give her something. I always feel pity on such weak old people. How much money are we spending lavishly. If we give a small amount to such poor people, we lose nothing. Isn't it?

I believe if you give food or clothes to these people that is more worthy because most of them are merely exploited on the hands of some. Do you agree ?
Even I tend to give alms to some of them out of pity, whom I find very old and differently abled. But to the ones who are fit and fine I generally avoid giving any money as I prefer to give an extra 10 bucks to the hard money earners like the rickshaw walas and all.

Live in the present :)
Some beggar are very clever. They cheat us. But its difficult to know that they are cheating us. When they come to us for begging, they are always in bad condition. So, to determine they are genuine or not, is difficult.

Professional beggars know how to arouse pity in others. So they go for begging by wearing tattered clothes and telling some very sad stories. Many people are duped with their professionalism.

Its been many years, in news a saw one couple who lives in a Maruti Van and daily goes for begging. Begging is like a job for that couple. There are many beggars who are very rich, who lives in cities.

Want to make each day Accountable

When festivals/celebrations of holy places like temples begin, we can see a lot of handicapped person on either side of the roads leading to temples. When sun sets, we can't even a single person there. So, it's sure, some big lobbies are involved in this 'business'.
But day before yesterday when we went to Kochi, around 9.30 pm, I saw a poor old woman around 75-80 years old laying in the street foot path. She was very weak. I really felt pity seeing her. I asked my husband to give her something. I always feel pity on such weak old people. How much money are we spending lavishly. If we give a small amount to such poor people, we lose nothing. Isn't it?

Some sort of help in the form of money could be given to them. There is nothing wrong in that.

Want to make each day Accountable

I believe if you give food or clothes to these people that is more worthy because most of them are merely exploited on the hands of some. Do you agree ?
Even I tend to give alms to some of them out of pity, whom I find very old and differently abled. But to the ones who are fit and fine I generally avoid giving any money as I prefer to give an extra 10 bucks to the hard money earners like the rickshaw walas and all.

Rickshawwalas are also earning good....are yoiu saying about auto rickshaws? :dry:
Or is it cycle rickshaws?

Meera sandhu
There is a couplet- mangan gaye so mar gaye, unse pahale voh mare jin mukh niksat nahin. (One who begs is dead; but one who refuses is dead before him) Begging is most dishonorable. The beggars are those who lost self respect. There is an advice for choosing job- Uttam kheti, madhyam baan, nishidh cakri bheek nidaan (agriculture best, business nest, service lowest, begging if you must)

There is no use arguing with beggars. If you do so, they will not let you do anything and will disturb. But give only minimum, small coins.

Incidentally, there are no or very few beggars in Punjab and especially among Sikhs.

One day, two friends hired a taxi. On the way, they were telling sardarji jokes in English believing that the sikh driver would not understand. . when the taxi stopped, the Sikh driver gave them one Rs. 100/ note and said: This is for a purpose. Give this note to any Sikh beggar if you can find anywhere. Otherwise keep this with you.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Rickshawwalas are also earning good....are yoiu saying about auto rickshaws? :dry:

Obviously about the cycle rickhshaw walas as the auto wala are too stubborn and argue too much over the price :angry:

Live in the present :)

Obviously about the cycle rickhshaw walas as the auto wala are too stubborn and argue too much over the price :angry:

Auto drivers of villages and small towns, never use meter-gauge in their autos. So, what they ask we should give :angry:

Meera sandhu
If he is old and physically handicaped I will give money other wise I wont spare him. Once when I was drinking juice in a shop there a women beggar came towards me. I ordered another juice and given to her.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Now many people are visiting homes with receipts of some charity mission like leprosy, old age etc. I can't 100% believe they are existing ones!!! Yet I never leave them empty handed. 5 or 10 rupees I give them. Also, old clothes

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.