The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

Our national anthem is undoubtedly 'Jana Gana mana'.

Hindustan also. Isn't it?

Sir, I still don't know what's the real different between National Song and National Anthem :silly: :silly:
We call it Desheeya geetham and Desheeya gaanam..respectively.
Geetham and Gaanam, both means song :lol: :lol:

So when do you stand in still position? Geetham or Gaanam?? :whistle:
But Rastriya Gaan is matter of pride for any country.

Gaanam :cheer: :cheer:

That's why I put the word, 'respectively' :P :P

True, that is Rastriya Geet and Rastriya Gaan respectively :) .

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

Sir, I still don't know what's the real different between National Song and National Anthem :silly: :silly:

Actually, what's the difference between these two? :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu

Actually, what's the difference between these two? :whistle: :whistle:

Jana gana mana is national anthem. This is tune played on important occasions. vande Matram is national song.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Friends do you think it is the same India as it was before. I have gone through all the arguments posted by all of you. I like what Gulshanji has stated. It has strong base. Suni I have read yours you also have a point.
Think country has been divided many a times. Many a times the rulers and their dynasty was changes. Now we have multi religions in India. The real look of India has changes. Many rivers and mountains went out of the map of the country. Friends, kings and emperor has always changed their capital and renamed it. Like wise original Name of our country is lying underneath in mystries. Presently we all are comfortable with the name "India". Let it be. It is our motherland. Their is no harm in calling India as Bharat or Hindustan or Arya Vrata, etc. It all means the same. The fact lies in time, history and geographical outlook of the land.
Friends do you think it is the same India as it was before. I have gone through all the arguments posted by all of you. I like what Gulshanji has stated. It has strong base. Suni I have read yours you also have a point.
Think country has been divided many a times. Many a times the rulers and their dynasty was changes. Now we have multi religions in India. The real look of India has changes. Many rivers and mountains went out of the map of the country. Friends, kings and emperor has always changed their capital and renamed it. Like wise original Name of our country is lying underneath in mystries. Presently we all are comfortable with the name "India". Let it be. It is our motherland. Their is no harm in calling India as Bharat or Hindustan or Arya Vrata, etc. It all means the same. The fact lies in time, history and geographical outlook of the land.

'India' is most appropriate. 'Bharat' is also okay. Constitution defines 'India' by adding 'that is Bharat'. As India is a multi religious country, 'Hindustan' (Hindu land) is inappropriate. 'Arya Vrata' will be unacceptable to south Indians as they describe themselves as 'Dravid' as didtinct from 'Arya'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I wish you knew the real meaning of India, however i would not push the matter along and would let it go at this point. Thanks for your nice suggestions.

Request to moderator/s to please close this thread down as this has served its purpose.

I am little confused and may be i didn't want to understand. Why we are having many discussion on the Name of our Country? Well, we should be proud that we are having many names of our country rather than creating discussions.

I don't know the history, but i believe that Every Name has its significance. I am proud that we are having many name of our country.

When i heard or Say " BHARAT ke naam ek aur medal olympics 2012 me sushil kumar ne joda" It feels amazing. My eyes starts to leak and i don't know what my body feels, but it feels amazing when i say " BHARAT"

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.