The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
India is multi religious country. We all have right to love our country in the way we like. Bharat was the king of country. The name "Bharat" has been given to the country after him. Mughals call our country "Hindustan" because the natives were hindus before they invade our country. Britishers call "India". Every time our country has been didvided. Bharat is no longer in origial form and shape. Our country has many names, many languages, many religion and many culture. India has always been admired as "Bharat". It is the original name of our country.

But what is the name of our country, I have 'India' written on all my documents, which matter. I don't see Bharat mentioned anywhere on any papers.

Our country's name is INDIA. According to Indian constitution, country's name is - India that is Bharat. So name is India. The words 'that is Bharat' only explain what India is.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
India is multi religious country. We all have right to love our country in the way we like. Bharat was the king of country. The name "Bharat" has been given to the country after him. Mughals call our country "Hindustan" because the natives were hindus before they invade our country. Britishers call "India". Every time our country has been didvided. Bharat is no longer in origial form and shape. Our country has many names, many languages, many religion and many culture. India has always been admired as "Bharat". It is the original name of our country.

But what is the name of our country, I have 'India' written on all my documents, which matter. I don't see Bharat mentioned anywhere on any papers.

Our country's name is INDIA. According to Indian constitution, country's name is - India that is Bharat. So name is India. The words 'that is Bharat' only explain what India is.

Do I have any choice but to say 'Yes sir'??

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Rightly stated that 'Bharat' was a king- son of Dushyanta- hero of the novel 'abhigyan shakuntalam'. So, 'Bharat' is not real king but only a character in a novel written by Kalidas.

But then, what was India's name before kalidas wrote his novel abhigyan shakuntalam.

It is said that 'arya vrata' was the name.

But India appears more apt. The name 'India' is derived from river Indus. Indus is known also as Sindhu. So name of the country could be sindhu that later changed to Hindu and later Hindustan.

This is history. Presently, we have one name and that is 'India'.

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar

Rightly stated that 'Bharat' was a king- son of Dushyanta- hero of the novel 'abhigyan shakuntalam'. So, 'Bharat' is not real king but only a character in a novel written by Kalidas.

But then, what was India's name before kalidas wrote his novel abhigyan shakuntalam.

But India appears more apt. The name 'India' is derived from river Indus. Indus is known also as Sindhu. So name of the country could be sindhu that later changed to Hindu and later Hindustan.

Is it so? Does it really come from Indus? I think English brought it along with East India like West Indies, Red Indians. You shall be shocked to know the meaning of an Indian according to an old English dictionary.

Is it so? Does it really come from Indus? I think English brought it along with East India like West Indies, Red Indians. You shall be shocked to know the meaning of an Indian according to an old English dictionary.

Our ancient civilization is known as 'Indus valley civilization' This was discovered from Mohan Zodaro and Harrappa. So, the name 'India' given. In Hindi, this is 'sindhu ghai ke Sabhyata'. Later, 'Sindhu' was changed to 'Hindu'. From that comes 'Hindu' the name given to ancient Indians. Thus, comes 'Hindustan' 9the Hindu land)

Possibly, the name 'India' was brought by British. Their company was also caled 'East India company'. As regards 'Red Indians' they were original residents of America. Columbus wrongly took 'America' as 'India'. He called the residents of America (India according to his faulty understanding) as Indians. Later Vasco Da gama discovered real India. The original residents of America painted themselves in red and so called 'Red Indians'.

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar

Our ancient civilization is known as 'Indus valley civilization' This was discovered from Mohan Zodaro and Harrappa. So, the name 'India' given. In Hindi, this is 'sindhu ghai ke Sabhyata'. Later, 'Sindhu' was changed to 'Hindu'. From that comes 'Hindu' the name given to ancient Indians. Thus, comes 'Hindustan' 9the Hindu land)

Possibly, the name 'India' was brought by British. Their company was also caled 'East India company'. As regards 'Red Indians' they were original residents of America. Columbus wrongly took 'America' as 'India'. He called the residents of America (India according to his faulty understanding) as Indians. Later Vasco Da gama discovered real India. The original residents of America painted themselves in red and so called 'Red Indians'.

You did not ask about the meaning of 'Indian' given in a very old English dictionary? That was disclosed by Dr. Mahip Singh in Canada during a Punjabi meet, a famous writer. ..

The name INDIA was orginated by INDU the river where the civilisation origined so the actua name of our nation is INDIA and it should be.But for national anthem I don't know much of the history about JAN GAN MAN.But that's OK as it seems that it describes all the states of our nation though I don't know word to word meaning of it. :blink:
The name INDIA was orginated by INDU the river where the civilisation origined so the actua name of our nation is INDIA and it should be.But for national anthem I don't know much of the history about JAN GAN MAN.But that's OK as it seems that it describes all the states of our nation though I don't know word to word meaning of it. :blink:

I have explained about jana Gama mana also in a post above. This was sung originally in praise of King Geotge V.

That is confusing then why we selected it as our national anthem. :blink:
Having read all the different view points shared by you all, I too feel that Bharat is in fact older than India which came about from Indus valley civilisation which was far more recent.We see Bharat or hindu desh being used in our scriptures,since Hindustan may not suit a secular country like ours , Bharat to me seems more appropriate.
I too feel that Vande Mataram is a better national or patriotic song..But some sections of the society object to it ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.