The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Having read all the different view points shared by you all, I too feel that Bharat is in fact older than India which came about from Indus valley civilisation which was far more recent.We see Bharat or hindu desh being used in our scriptures,since Hindustan may not suit a secular country like ours , Bharat to me seems more appropriate.
I too feel that Vande Mataram is a better national or patriotic song..But some sections of the society object to it ...

Vamde Mataram is good but being Sanskritized, it is difficult to recite. The best song that comes to my mind is: Kadam kadam badhaye ja Khushi Ke Geet gaye Jaa. Yeh zindagi hai kaum ki kaum pe lutaye ja.

This was marching song of Azad Hind army led by Netaji subhash chandra Bose.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Having read all the different view points shared by you all, I too feel that Bharat is in fact older than India which came about from Indus valley civilisation which was far more recent.We see Bharat or hindu desh being used in our scriptures,since Hindustan may not suit a secular country like ours , Bharat to me seems more appropriate.
I too feel that Vande Mataram is a better national or patriotic song..But some sections of the society object to it ...

Vamde Mataram is good but being Sanskritized, it is difficult to recite. The best song that comes to my mind is: Kadam kadam badhaye ja Khushi Ke Geet gaye Jaa. Yeh zindagi hai kaum ki kaum pe lutaye ja.

Why do we need to go for an old or disputed song as our national anthem. We can start afresh and can invite poets to write a new song, which should be acceptable to one and all.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Why do we need to go for an old or disputed song as our national anthem. We can start afresh and can invite poets to write a new song, which should be acceptable to one and all.

I even saw some hate posts regarding our National Anthem. I think we do need a change and we have so many poets all across the country who can surely compose one in the pride of the Nation. :)

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: suni51

I even saw some hate posts regarding our National Anthem. I think we do need a change and we have so many poets all across the country who can surely compose one in the pride of the Nation. :)

Yes if we can change names of states, cities, parks, jails, universities etc, etc, etc... why not our national anthem to serve its purpose in a better way.

I agree. Recently we had an anthem on Agra city. I created a thread on that. similarly, our poets throughout India may compose national anthem. The best one could be selected and poet rewarded.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree. Recently we had an anthem on Agra city. I created a thread on that. similarly, our poets throughout India may compose national anthem. The best one could be selected and poet rewarded.

Can we do it through a PIL?

The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

Our national anthem is undoubtedly 'Jana Gana mana'.

Hindustan also. Isn't it?

Sir, I still don't know what's the real different between National Song and National Anthem :silly: :silly:
We call it Desheeya geetham and Desheeya gaanam..respectively.
Geetham and Gaanam, both means song :lol: :lol:

Meera sandhu
A member in parliament wants to know this-
1-why do have so many names for our country - what is the real name?
2- Do we have a proper national anthem that has some thing to do with our country?
Let's hope we shall hear more about it soon..... your take about it please!!

I think almost all countries in the world have more than 1 name, though we don't know. ;)

Let it be. We can call our country by different names. Isn't it? It will be easy for poets also while writing patriotic songs..... :S :S :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

Sir, I still don't know what's the real different between National Song and National Anthem :silly: :silly:

So when do you stand in still position? Geetham or Gaanam?? :whistle:

So when do you stand in still position? Geetham or Gaanam?? :whistle:

Gaanam :cheer: :cheer:

That's why I put the word, 'respectively' :P :P

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.