The topic is locked.
A member in parliament wants to know this-
1-why do have so many names for our country - what is the real name?
2- Do we have a proper national anthem that has some thing to do with our country?
Let's hope we shall hear more about it soon..... your take about it please!!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

Our national anthem is undoubtedly 'Jana Gana mana'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The constitution names the country as "India that is Bharat'. Thus we have two names, India and Bharat. I feel constitution should be amended to provide for only one name- Bharat.

I should have no doubt in my mind that you know the origin of our national anthem and its full meaning, am I right sir? Does it sound like an anthem prasing our country, was it written way back in early 20th century keeping our country in mind???
I am expecting a clear view from you about its relevancy..

I should have no doubt in my mind that you know the origin of our national anthem and its full meaning, am I right sir? Does it sound like an anthem prasing our country, was it written way back in early 20th century keeping our country in mind???

Our national anthem is 'Jana Gana man' no doubt. This was composed in praise of George V. I do not believe that this is right choice. Vande mataram would be more apt.

Our national anthem is 'Jana Gana man' no doubt. This was composed in praise of George V. I do not believe that this is right choice. Vande mataram would be more apt.

And the irony is that half the citizens of this country would either oppose or would not sing Vandematram.

And the irony is that half the citizens of this country would either oppose or would not sing Vandematram.

This is my view. Those who do not prefer 'vande matram' are also entitled to their views. National anthem can be selected by nation wide discussion and parliamentary debate.

Yes, I had read about it and now you have confirmed it, and I cannot understand what was the reason then to choose Jana Gana Mana as our national anthem??? did not they understand its implications?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, I had read about it and now you have confirmed it, and I cannot understand what was the reason then to choose Jana Gana Mana as our national anthem??? did not they understand its implications?

They changed meaning of 'jana gana mana Adhinayak' . Originally, the Adhinayak was George V. But those who favored this song as anthem changed the meaning of adhinayak to mean- 'People of India'. Also the anthem refers to various languages and provinces. so they felt that this will be apt.

I also feel that this is the anthem since 1950. There is no harm continuing this. Another song Vande mataram in full form refers to Hindu gods and deities and so is not acceptable to many. There is another song- Sare jahan se accha Hindustan hamara- The composer Mohd. iqbal went to pakistan and so this is also not acceptable. One song- Kadam kadam badhaye ja Khusi ke Geet gayeja Yeh zindagi hai kaum ki kaum pe lutaye ja- os best song but this is of Azad Hind fauz of Subhas Chandra Bose. Congress persons would not like this

They changed meaning of 'jana gana mana Adhinayak' . Originally, the Adhinayak was George V. But those who favored this song as anthem changed the meaning of adhinayak to mean- 'People of India'. Also the anthem refers to various languages and provinces. so they felt that this will be apt.

I also feel that this is the anthem since 1950. There is no harm continuing this. Another song Vande mataram in full form refers to Hindu gods and deities and so is not acceptable to many. There is another song- Sare jahan se accha Hindustan hamara- The composer Mohd. iqbal went to pakistan and so this is also not acceptable. One song- Kadam kadam badhaye ja Khusi ke Geet gayeja Yeh zindagi hai kaum ki kaum pe lutaye ja- os best song but this is of Azad Hind fauz of Subhas Chandra Bose. Congress persons would not like this

Kadam Kadam badhaye ja will definitely be never picked up by congress. It seems like all such songs are covered with controversy, as for Iqbal's Sare Jahan Se Accha, I feel it was the best but for the fact that its creator played a significant role in partition!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

India is multi religious country. We all have right to love our country in the way we like. Bharat was the king of country. The name "Bharat" has been given to the country after him. Mughals call our country "Hindustan" because the natives were hindus before they invade our country. Britishers call "India". Every time our country has been didvided. Bharat is no longer in origial form and shape. Our country has many names, many languages, many religion and many culture. India has always been admired as "Bharat". It is the original name of our country.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
India is multi religious country. We all have right to love our country in the way we like. Bharat was the king of country. The name "Bharat" has been given to the country after him. Mughals call our country "Hindustan" because the natives were hindus before they invade our country. Britishers call "India". Every time our country has been didvided. Bharat is no longer in origial form and shape. Our country has many names, many languages, many religion and many culture. India has always been admired as "Bharat". It is the original name of our country.

But what is the name of our country, I have 'India' written on all my documents, which matter. I don't see Bharat mentioned anywhere on any papers.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.