The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thats what my grandfather always said, that he can make out the character of a person by his looks, may be he was exaggerating a bit ! But he was also able to judge people very well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One can be identified by its look and its personality.A pleasant personality is accepted by every one.Everyone is very cautious about its look and their personality.

Sharmistha Banerjee
One can be identified by its look and its personality.A pleasant personality is accepted by every one.Everyone is very cautious about its look and their personality.

Yes these days the way you dress and carry yourself does matter a lot, you get judged by the way you present yourself.First impressions may not always be the lasting and true impressions but they do matter..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

First impressions are always memorable because you associate with any new person you meet from that very first meeting based on how he or she appeared and whether you could connect with that person. Although looks do not really matter per se, they do influence your overall impression and future relationship with them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

First impressions are always memorable because you associate with any new person you meet from that very first meeting based on how he or she appeared and whether you could connect with that person. Although looks do not really matter per se, they do influence your overall impression and future relationship with them.

First impressions sometimes tend to stay with us even after we get to know the person well.I remember a case where I used to see a lady ,dowdily dressed with unkempt hair and moving around as if she was in a trance.A few months later, I suddenly saw this very smart looking lady say hi to me with a big smile and realise it was the same one...lol, later when we became more friendly she was telling me that her daughters were all the time nagging her and wanted her to look more presentable and she now felt that it was worth the effort since she herself felt happier and more confident .How looks can change ones personality and self confidence ..

First impressions sometimes tend to stay with us even after we get to know the person well.I remember a case where I used to see a lady ,dowdily dressed with unkempt hair and moving around as if she was in a trance.A few months later, I suddenly saw this very smart looking lady say hi to me with a big smile and realise it was the same one...lol, later when we became more friendly she was telling me that her daughters were all the time nagging her and wanted her to look more presentable and she now felt that it was worth the effort since she herself felt happier and more confident .How looks can change ones personality and self confidence ..

True! On my bad hair days, when I am feeling quite grumpy I am not really keen to see anyone because my confidence and enthusiasm is at a high time low! So it does really matter on how you appear before others and what impression you want to make!

Our looks and personality depends on how we dressed.It depends on our way of talking with others.And also on our behavior.

Sharmistha Banerjee

True! On my bad hair days, when I am feeling quite grumpy I am not really keen to see anyone because my confidence and enthusiasm is at a high time low! So it does really matter on how you appear before others and what impression you want to make!

Some people get so upset when they dont look their best, have a pimple coming on or some such things,It goes to show that our looks do matter since thats how we present ourselves to the world and also the fact that public opinion too matters , at least those close to us :) My daughter refuses to stir out with oil in her hair lol...

Some people get so upset when they dont look their best, have a pimple coming on or some such things,It goes to show that our looks do matter since thats how we present ourselves to the world and also the fact that public opinion too matters , at least those close to us :) My daughter refuses to stir out with oil in her hair lol...

Yes, I know that feeling! But such factors do play a big role in our confidence when out in public. I too hate to be out in public with oil in my hair!! :laugh:
0039_2012-09-09.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

I personally believe it all depends on the observer than the person being observed!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8718]}
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.