Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The traditional joint family system probably exists only in certain parts of the country.That too out of economic compulsion, otherwise things have changed a lot in the past 3 or 4 decades where family structures are concerned.In fact nuclear family system has its advantages ...

Yes indeed..nuclear families are encourage more and there is no surpise to see more divisions in future. Actually the problem is due to thinking of people now-a-day.. they start comparisions with each other's children..
The traditional joint family system probably exists only in certain parts of the country.That too out of economic compulsion, otherwise things have changed a lot in the past 3 or 4 decades where family structures are concerned.In fact nuclear family system has its advantages ...

Fact is the so called joint families are not all that joint as their joints have lost some of the grips. They have separate kitchens and different living standards despite living under the same roof. They are more stressed due to strained relations and unhealthy competition.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Fact is the so called joint families are not all that joint as their joints have lost some of the grips. They have separate kitchens and different living standards despite living under the same roof. They are more stressed due to strained relations and unhealthy competition.

That possibly is the case with some families , however, there are quite a few joint families who somehow manage to stay together and one has to appreciate this since it is not easy ..There are so many different relationships to maintain !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes,people do try to keep their relation tight and they try to co-operate.

Want to make each day Accountable

usha manohar wrote:
Rajani K wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
when I was young, visiting relatives, especially cousins and friends was something that was very eagerly looked forward to.Now with a changed life style which offers enough entertainment at home we seldom visit relatives unless absolutely essential !.At least that's the case with us...

( I have posted this under announcements by mistake )

It has become a habit to ignore relative now-a-days..people dont have time to talk with parents then how can we expect them to be with relatives.

I suppose so, to a certain extent that is true ! people living in nuclear families have to make time to visit their parents and siblings, so visiting other relatives may not be a priority...

True!! Actually now each and every member of any given family is constantly busy involved in one or other activity, right from earning to interests of hobbies etc. so there is no time to fit in with visiting relatives. Also, the lapses between each visit is now so prolonged that the younger lot hardly know what to talk about if and when they meet each other! Maybe that is the reason for this apathy!

Yes they are busy in their lives to earn and settle so they are showing less interest in relationships.

I agree that family pattern has undergone a lot of changes in the past 3 or 4 decades.Whereas earlier most ladies were content to be housewives and also the households depended on agriculture which was jointly held for their livelihood. Now priorities have changed and men and women study and pursue careers of their choice and may not live in a joint family if they are working in other cities.All this has led to a different kind of lifestyle where making visits other than the most essential ones are not considered necessary or important !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Rajani K wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
when I was young, visiting relatives, especially cousins and friends was something that was very eagerly looked forward to.Now with a changed life style which offers enough entertainment at home we seldom visit relatives unless absolutely essential !.At least that's the case with us...

It has become a habit to ignore relative now-a-days..people dont have time to talk with parents then how can we expect them to be with relatives.

I suppose so, to a certain extent that is true ! people living in nuclear families have to make time to visit their parents and siblings, so visiting other relatives may not be a priority...

True!! Actually now each and every member of any given family is constantly busy involved in one or other activity, right from earning to interests of hobbies etc. so there is no time to fit in with visiting relatives. Also, the lapses between each visit is now so prolonged that the younger lot hardly know what to talk about if and when they meet each other! Maybe that is the reason for this apathy!

Yes they are busy in their lives to earn and settle so they are showing less interest in relationships.

I agree that family pattern has undergone a lot of changes in the past 3 or 4 decades.Whereas earlier most ladies were content to be housewives and also the households depended on agriculture which was jointly held for their livelihood. Now priorities have changed and men and women study and pursue careers of their choice and may not live in a joint family if they are working in other cities.All this has led to a different kind of lifestyle where making visits other than the most essential ones are not considered necessary or important !

In some Families,the Bahus,don't understand how to live in family. In some families,the husband and wife want to live a seperate life away from Oldies.
This has created difference.

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes. Because both husband and wife are working. so they spend lot of time in office. After returning they felt so tired.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
usha manohar wrote:
Rajani K wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In some Families,the Bahus,don't understand how to live in family. In some families,the husband and wife want to live a seperate life away from Oldies.
This has created difference.

That is part of the changing life style and it is bound to happen.One cannot always live in the past, it is not practical to do so ! This changes life style has also brought in a change in our inteactions with relatives ..

We can easily communicate with them through internet and mobiles. Thus it hardly matters if we don't meet them frequently.
We can easily communicate with them through internet and mobiles. Thus it hardly matters if we don't meet them frequently.

Very true ! There is actually no need to go through the hassle of traffic and stress to meet people.Most of the time we meet relatives at weddings and other social gatherings..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.