Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am thinking of a career switch - would try writing lyrics! But then who is going to sing them!! {CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6338]}

Why can't you invite me? I am ready

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6342]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6344]}[/quote]

But will admin finance it...to produce a film??? :cheer:

Meera sandhu
I think lyricists have also accepted that fact.
That's why they are producing lyrics instantly in packets of already prepared music. i.e. writing lyrics without effort nowadays

I am thinking of a career switch - would try writing lyrics! But then who is going to sing them!! {CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6338]}

Selecting lyricist, music directors, singers is producer/ director's concern. A lyricist must restrict himself to writing lyric and submitting this to one who appointed him. Rest is not his concern.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Kalyani,
Though Kolaveri is an irritating number, everyone loves it. Me too :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Malayalam translation of word Kolaveri is "Kolavili"......ha ha....similarity of 2 languages.
It has the meaning somewhat.....in a mood to kill.....(Kola means murder in both languages.....veri....means in an abnormal mood).... :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
The equation is quite simple. Those who work in front of the screen earns more money than those who work hard behind the screen.

But directors and of course music directors and singers also earn not less!!!! :evil:

We must select the job we do best and not bother about payment. If my voice is not attractive, I cannot be singer even if highly paid.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The equation is quite simple. Those who work in front of the screen earns more money than those who work hard behind the screen.

But directors and of course music directors and singers also earn not less!!!! :evil:

We must select the job we do best and not bother about payment. If my voice is not attractive, I cannot be singer even if highly paid.

Talent is more important than payment. Also, if we can't find interest in a job, even if paid high won't help you to stay there for a long period with dedication

Meera sandhu
[quote]@Kalyani,
Though Kolaveri is an irritating number, everyone loves it. Me too
Malayalam translation of word Kolaveri is "Kolavili"......ha ha....similarity of 2 languages.
It has the meaning somewhat.....in a mood to kill.....(Kola means murder in both languages.....veri....means in an abnormal mood).[/quote]

Actually, Sandhya, I enjoy listening to Kolaveri di! I listen to it occasionally, the music is surprisingly good. I only quoted it as an example of meaningless lyrics with no depth. Such songs, even though liked by many are bound to forgotten soon. Even though it is liked and loved, there is no talent and hard work involved in writing this song, as Dhanush himself has admitted.

If you have listened to songs written by Gulzar, and recently by Swnand Kirkire (he wrote songs for 3 Idiots) you will understand what I mean! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]@Kalyani,

Actually, Sandhya, I enjoy listening to Kolaveri di! I listen to it occasionally, the music is surprisingly good. I only quoted it as an example of meaningless lyrics with no depth. Such songs, even though liked by many are bound to forgotten soon. Even though it is liked and loved, there is no talent and hard work involved in writing this song, as Dhanush himself has admitted.

If you have listened to songs written by Gulzar, and recently by Swnand Kirkire (he wrote songs for 3 Idiots) you will understand what I mean! :)

Yes of course. We love such songs only for enjoyment and fun. They never touch our hearts and disappears without leaving even a single mark in our soul.

I have noted in many cases.....the songs that become an instant hit will be the fastest tracks. They get quick attraction and many beautiful melodious ones hide behind them. But after 1 year, which songs will we love most? No doubt, slow numbers. Isn't it? They may not have gained much popularity at the time of release. But after years, people will only remember such songs.

I think you are a great fan of Gulzar. Which is your favourite one?
Khamosh sa afzana and songs from Bazaar...I think, they belong to Gulzar

Meera sandhu
[quote]Yes of course. We love such songs only for enjoyment and fun. They never touch our hearts and disappears without leaving even a single mark in our soul.

I have noted in many cases.....the songs that become an instant hit will be the fastest tracks. They get quick attraction and many beautiful melodious ones hide behind them. But after 1 year, which songs will we love most? No doubt, slow numbers. Isn't it? They may not have gained much popularity at the time of release. But after years, people will only remember such songs.

I think you are a great fan of Gulzar. Which is your favourite one? [/quote]

Yes, Sandhya I am a big fan of GUlzar, but its very difficult to name just one song or even few for that matter! I so love all his songs a lot!

[quote]Yes of course. We love such songs only for enjoyment and fun. They never touch our hearts and disappears without leaving even a single mark in our soul.

Yes, Sandhya I am a big fan of GUlzar, but its very difficult to name just one song or even few for that matter! I so love all his songs a lot![/quote]

For present generation songs, I have a tie between Gulzar and Javed Akthar. Both are extra ordinary.
I have checked...."Khamosh sa afsana" of Libaaz is written by Gulzar, but songs of Bazaar are not.
"Aanewaala pal"....nostalgic one, Yaara seeli sseli, Title song of Saathiya, ee ajnabi from Dil se and many more......

Meera sandhu
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Yes of course. We love such songs only for enjoyment and fun. They never touch our hearts and disappears without leaving even a single mark in our soul.

Yes, Sandhya I am a big fan of GUlzar, but its very difficult to name just one song or even few for that matter! I so love all his songs a lot!

For present generation songs, I have a tie between Gulzar and Javed Akthar. Both are extra ordinary.
I have checked...."Khamosh sa afsana" of Libaaz is written by Gulzar, but songs of Bazaar are not.
"Aanewaala pal"....nostalgic one, Yaara seeli sseli, Title song of Saathiya, ee ajnabi from Dil se and many more...... [/quote]

Yes they are really good! I like songs of Maachis alot too, but I feel the best so far ever written by Gulzar were for an album called Marasim, they were sung by Jagjit Singh with narrations in between by Gulzar, I have not heard them in years, now I really have to go to mum's place to hunt that album!! :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.