Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It was one of the most liberal colleges with youngsters going round in the most mod dresses,hair cuts and mini skirts.But now they are imposing a dress code and also a name tag which the students are supposed to carry round their neck all the time.This has not gone down well with the students who feel that their freedom is being unnecessarily curtailed...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Dress-code-for-liberal-Madras-Christian-College-leaves-students-fuming/articleshow/20825088.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

After looking present situation when rape very common it is not wrong. Safety is first than freedom. In my city all girls collage have dress code.

I feel that rape is largely an issue that has to do with the attitude and mentality of men and not how a woman dresses. But having a dress code in colleges is good for discipline and also learn a few things about how the society functions...

The dress code is for ensuring uniformity and decorum. I don't think that this has anything to do with rape.

Its the other way. As uniforms are not provocative, the chances of rape are less.
It was one of the most liberal colleges with youngsters going round in the most mod dresses,hair cuts and mini skirts.But now they are imposing a dress code and also a name tag which the students are supposed to carry round their neck all the time.This has not gone down well with the students who feel that their freedom is being unnecessarily curtailed...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Dress-code-for-liberal-Madras-Christian-College-leaves-students-fuming/articleshow/20825088.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

After looking present situation when rape very common it is not wrong. Safety is first than freedom. In my city all girls collage have dress code.

I feel that rape is largely an issue that has to do with the attitude and mentality of men and not how a woman dresses. But having a dress code in colleges is good for discipline and also learn a few things about how the society functions...

The dress code is for ensuring uniformity and decorum. I don't think that this has anything to do with rape.

Its the other way. As uniforms are not provocative, the chances of rape are less.

I agree. There is another aspect. If a girl or boy are in uniform, their identity is known to all and this may by itself prevent crime.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree. There is another aspect. If a girl or boy are in uniform, their identity is known to all and this may by itself prevent crime.

One of the most important objectives of dress code is to make the students avoid the feelings of economic disparities among themselves as long as they are in the school premises . In a uniform prince and pauper look alike.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

When we consider the statistics there are hardly ay rape cases taking place within the college campuses and institutions, most of them happen out on the roads at public places, so the question of uniforms bringing down rape or criminal cases doesnt really count...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When we consider the statistics there are hardly ay rape cases taking place within the college campuses and institutions, most of them happen out on the roads at public places, so the question of uniforms bringing down rape or criminal cases doesnt really count...

Yes it doesn't, I agree but it helps keep a decorum, sense of uniformity and equality. The difference between poor and rich lessens a bit because all seen clad in same way..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes it doesn't, I agree but it helps keep a decorum, sense of uniformity and equality. The difference between poor and rich lessens a bit because all seen clad in same way..

Let me tell you about the campus happenings in AP. It was only yesterday a feature was telecast with the title, “ Keechaka Teachers.” Keechaka, the demon character from Mahabharata is well known for his rapes. Teachers who retain the girls who are lagging back in studies after school hours are raped in the school premises. Though such incidents are happening, they are not seeing the light.

Let me tell you about the campus happenings in AP. It was only yesterday a feature was telecast with the title, “ Keechaka Teachers.” Keechaka, the demon character from Mahabharata is well known for his rapes. Teachers who retain the girls who are lagging back in studies after school hours are raped in the school premises. Though such incidents are happening, they are not seeing the light.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking pace in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking pace in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

I was talking about Stats and rapes in school premises.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking place in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

Schools are also part of our society where most students go for learning, some learn wrong things the harder way. I am so sorry to say but schools are perhaps not the same which used to be a few decades back. We have gone ahead with time but at the same time gone back too far behind too, probably to the savage era.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking place in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

Schools are also part of our society where most students go for learning, some learn wrong things the harder way. I am so sorry to say but schools are perhaps not the same which used to be a few decades back. We have gone ahead with time but at the same time gone back too far behind too, probably to the savage era.

That's what the TV show about which I mentioned, was highlighting. It says about our so called development. A development consisting of 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward is of no use.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.