Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I have lived in Belandur area for years which is good and bad at the same time. It has many positive points but the scarcity of water has made the area dry. People are forced to buy costly drinking water supplied by tankers brought from distant places. You cannot expect it to remain green and clean anymore. 

Certain parts of Bangalore developed by the BDA are still very well kept with wide roads ,footpaths and parks etc...It is the commercial areas that need to be looked after better and organised better...Today I happened to see a list of cities under Swacch Bharat where Bangalore tops the capital cities and Mysore among cities in general.. Mysore is no doubt a very beautiful city.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengaluru-tops-among-state-capitals-in-Swachh-ranking-Mysore-best-among-all-cities/articleshow/48400990.cms

I don't know what was their criteria of selecting the cities otherwise Gangtok (and for that matter the entire Sikkim which has only 4 districts) will lead the list. It's green clean and beautiful. 

Usha said this in the very beginning lines of her thread that there are varied opinions in this regard. and with her point of view I agree.

Such things are not done based on varied opinions but there should be a fixed guideline. That will encourage and help improve other cities too.  

But we have seen, how much variation was there between the two threads posted by you and Usha.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I have lived in Belandur area for years which is good and bad at the same time. It has many positive points but the scarcity of water has made the area dry. People are forced to buy costly drinking water supplied by tankers brought from distant places. You cannot expect it to remain green and clean anymore. 

Certain parts of Bangalore developed by the BDA are still very well kept with wide roads ,footpaths and parks etc...It is the commercial areas that need to be looked after better and organised better...Today I happened to see a list of cities under Swacch Bharat where Bangalore tops the capital cities and Mysore among cities in general.. Mysore is no doubt a very beautiful city.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengaluru-tops-among-state-capitals-in-Swachh-ranking-Mysore-best-among-all-cities/articleshow/48400990.cms

I don't know what was their criteria of selecting the cities otherwise Gangtok (and for that matter the entire Sikkim which has only 4 districts) will lead the list. It's green clean and beautiful. 

Usha said this in the very beginning lines of her thread that there are varied opinions in this regard. and with her point of view I agree.

Such things are not done based on varied opinions but there should be a fixed guideline. That will encourage and help improve other cities too.  

But we have seen, how much variation was there between the two threads posted by you and Usha.

I guess they need to have an impartial panel that has certain guidelines and follow the guidelines otherwise any such exercise will not be a true assessment ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Impartial panel that verify the facts personally is needed. Sitting at home and guessing on hearsay will not yield the facts.

These are no official results but surveys by different organizations so we have nothing to criticize them but yes I believe if our government can do something and start an official campaign that will begin a healthy competition. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Tourism Departments of respective state governments and the central Tourism are doing their jobs of official campaigning . Which is why we should not see or care other agencies surveys .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.