Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It reminds me of my past experience with toy trains.. For the first time I travelled by Toy trains in Darjeeling. The train was from Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling. It was an experience worth remembering all my life.

That train still runs in between Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling. I have traveled many times by that train and it's so amazing to travel @ 8km/hour. It takes 8-9 hours and you can get off the train at any bend and reboard when it comes  traveling the hilly distance. That is perhaps the smallest train anywhere in the world.

Yes I agree. In the same tour some of my friends who were with me used to get down from the train and run along with the train and catch it again . A funny but really memorable experience.

In fact there is no need of running but by the time train comes traveling round the bend you can walk to the rail track well before train reaches there.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It reminds me of my past experience with toy trains.. For the first time I travelled by Toy trains in Darjeeling. The train was from Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling. It was an experience worth remembering all my life.

That train still runs in between Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling. I have traveled many times by that train and it's so amazing to travel @ 8km/hour. It takes 8-9 hours and you can get off the train at any bend and reboard when it comes  traveling the hilly distance. That is perhaps the smallest train anywhere in the world.

Yes I agree. In the same tour some of my friends who were with me used to get down from the train and run along with the train and catch it again . A funny but really memorable experience.

In fact there is no need of running but by the time train comes traveling round the bend you can walk to the rail track well before train reaches there.

Of course. But all of our members are First Timers to the toy train. That's why out of anxiety they ran along with the train. After catching up with the train there was a glint in their eyes. They treated this as an achievement. We all had a hearty laugh.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The song Main chali main chali from Professor was shot on those routes and train....So beautiful both the scenery and the picturisation of that song..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Of course. But all of our members are First Timers to the toy train. That's why out of anxiety they ran along with the time. After catching up with the train there was a glint in their eyes. They treated this as an achievement. We all had a hearty laugh.

Sure, the entire rout is full of spiral railway lines and full of bends which is a joy in itself to travel to darjeeling- here is a view that will give an idea to the ones who have not yet traveled by a toy train to darjiling

Darjeeling Himalayan Railway 753x400

Darjeeling is the most sought after location for Bollywood. Jiya O Jiya kuch Boll do starring Dev was also shot along with the toy train way. The movie was Jab Pyaar Kisise hota Hai.

Without sounding a kill joy I would like to submit that no Indian city is clean in all its areas. A particular well maintained patch of the cities do not make the whole city. By and large all Indian cities are dirty with refuse thrown all around. I too have noted that relatively South is more cleaner than North. I have noted that old areas of Mumbai are very green with many trees which give it a green look.

Without sounding a kill joy I would like to submit that no Indian city is clean in all its areas. A particular well maintained patch of the cities do not make the whole city. By and large all Indian cities are dirty with refuse thrown all around. I too have noted that relatively South is more cleaner than North. I have noted that old areas of Mumbai are very green with many trees which give it a green look.

Yes. Southern part of the country  and it's cities are relatively clean.

vijay wrote:

You are absolutely right but I can tell you there are cities like Chandigarh, Dehradun and Shimla in that list which are almost clean and their greenery is beyond question. As far south is concerned as much I have visited them I have found them satisfactory. Delhi is clean at places but it has areas where lot has to be done.

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

You are absolutely right but I can tell you there are cities like Chandigarh, Dehradun and Shimla in that list which are almost clean and their greenery is beyond question. As far south is concerned as much I have visited them I have found them satisfactory. Delhi is clean at places but it has areas where lot has to be done.

You are right. South is satisfactory as far as cleanliness and Greenery are concerned. But not the best. Like Delhi as you said, Southern cities especially Vizag in AP and Bangalore which was known as "Garden City" in Karnataka are clean in some spots. But not the BEST.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.