Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Bangalore is not a clean city any more , used to be a great city when I grew up there but now it has become like Mumbai, very dirty in places..After Modi'ss swatch bharat intiative,  many small towns and villages in Karnataka have become cleaner with the concerned authorities taking steps.The other day while travelling by bus to Bangalore I noticed a small town called Bage near Hasan which looked spic and span and carried notices all through its limits saying 'please don't litter, we want to keep our city clean'..I feel each city has to take initiative and work towards it to make any impact..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Until recently Lal Bagh and Cubban parks were well maintained. There were hoardings with "Namma Bengaluru"

Now the situation is entirely different. Bengalore is neither Cleaner city nor Greener city. Keeping the city neat and clean is a joint effort of people and the government.

usha manohar wrote:

Bangalore is not a clean city any more , used to be a great city when I grew up there but now it has become like Mumbai, very dirty in places..After Modi'ss swatch bharat intiative,  many small towns and villages in Karnataka have become cleaner with the concerned authorities taking steps.The other day while travelling by bus to Bangalore I noticed a small town called Bage near Hasan which looked spic and span and carried notices all through its limits saying 'please don't litter, we want to keep our city clean'..I feel each city has to take initiative and work towards it to make any impact..

Very true, there was time when it used to rain everyday in Bangalore now it doesn't rain for months in a row. In fact Bangalore is facing a shortage of drinking water and bubbling with people living on footpaths making things more complicated.  The place once known as city of lakes and gardens has lost its status of being one of the best cities of India. If the things continue the way it is I am afraid Mysore may soon go the same way.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Of course Mysore has been given a place in the list of Cleanest and greenest places.. Bangalore is plagued by dust problems owing to the increased vehicular traffic.  This increase in vehicular traffic resulted in nightmarish traffic jams.. The influx of people is due to  employment opportunities as it was known as Silicon valley of India

I have lived in Belandur area for years which is good and bad at the same time. It has many positive points but the scarcity of water has made the area dry. People are forced to buy costly drinking water supplied by tankers brought from distant places. You cannot expect it to remain green and clean anymore. 

suni51 wrote:

I have lived in Belandur area for years which is good and bad at the same time. It has many positive points but the scarcity of water has made the area dry. People are forced to buy costly drinking water supplied by tankers brought from distant places. You cannot expect it to remain green and clean anymore. 

Certain parts of Bangalore developed by the BDA are still very well kept with wide roads ,footpaths and parks etc...It is the commercial areas that need to be looked after better and organised better...Today I happened to see a list of cities under Swacch Bharat where Bangalore tops the capital cities and Mysore among cities in general.. Mysore is no doubt a very beautiful city.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengaluru-tops-among-state-capitals-in-Swachh-ranking-Mysore-best-among-all-cities/articleshow/48400990.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now. not only Bengalore. every city  which was once known as Citadel of beauty and cleanliness are in  bad condition today. They lost the glamor and shine because increase in population beyond expectations and lack of proportionate amenities. Greenery has given way to concrete jungles. From where the cleanliness and greenery will come ?

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Certain parts of Bangalore developed by the BDA are still very well kept with wide roads ,footpaths and parks etc...It is the commercial areas that need to be looked after better and organised better...Today I happened to see a list of cities under Swacch Bharat where Bangalore tops the capital cities and Mysore among cities in general.. Mysore is no doubt a very beautiful city.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengaluru-tops-among-state-capitals-in-Swachh-ranking-Mysore-best-among-all-cities/articleshow/48400990.cms

I don't know what was their criteria of selecting the cities otherwise Gangtok (and for that matter the entire Sikkim which has only 4 districts) will lead the list. It's green clean and beautiful. 

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I don't know what was their criteria of selecting the cities otherwise Gangtok (and for that matter the entire Sikkim which has only 4 districts) will lead the list. It's green clean and beautiful. 

Usha said this in the very beginning lines of her thread that there are varied opinions in this regard. and with her point of view I agree.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Usha said this in the very beginning lines of her thread that there are varied opinions in this regard. and with her point of view I agree.

Such things are not done based on varied opinions but there should be a fixed guideline. That will encourage and help improve other cities too.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.