The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This year Janmastami will be celebrated on 9th August.

am really confused.....how can it happen?
How birthday of Krisha be celebrated in 2 months? :blink: :blink:

Janmastmi is always in August.. what is the confusion? If there is any doubt, it will be best to consult a Hindu scholar (Pandit). I do not think that anybody here is competent enough to clarify such doubts.

Devyani's father is an astrologer. Perhaps he may able to clear my doubt.

I think, it occurred due to difference of Malayalam Calender and Hindi Calender :blush:

That is why I consider astrology false. Science and maths are everywhere same. But astrology differs from place to place- Kerala, U.P.--Malayalam and Hindu calendars causing difference. Not to speak of different astrology in India and U.S.A.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Janmastmi is always in August.. what is the confusion? If there is any doubt, it will be best to consult a Hindu scholar (Pandit). I do not think that anybody here is competent enough to clarify such doubts.

I think, it occurred due to difference of Malayalam Calender and Hindi Calender :blush:

That is why I consider astrology false. Science and maths are everywhere same. But astrology differs from place to place- Kerala, U.P.--Malayalam and Hindu calendars causing difference. Not to speak of different astrology in India and U.S.A.

i have always noticed a difference of 1 day. But one month, it's for the first time :blush: :blush:

Meera sandhu
No,it would be celebrated everywhere on 9th this month and I am open to any invitation!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8570]}

Janamastmi is being celebrated at Agra/ mathura/ Vrindavan today. (10-8-2012).

Happy Janamastmi to all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Happy Janmashtmi to all. :)

We have been on fast today and will eat food after seeing the moon today at night. :)

We have been on fast today and will eat food after seeing the moon today at night. :)

I have my Kishanji with me today so I will eat and play as I wish. But as you know this is janmastmi today and this is celebrated according to Mathura and Vrindaban beliefs on two different days.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

i have always noticed a difference of 1 day. But one month, it's for the first time :blush: :blush:

I think this should clear your doubts this is a copy paste from wikipedia
Krishna Janmashtami is observed on the Ashtami tithi, the eighth day of the dark half or Krishna Paksha of the month of Bhadra in the Hindu calendar, when the Rohini Nakshatra is ascendant. The festival always falls within mid-August to mid-September in the Gregorian calendar. In 2010, for example, the festival was celebrated on 1 September, and in 2011 on 22 August in North India and on 21 August in South Indian states like Kerala.[2]
this was in 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
All the photos of lord krishna looks very beautiful and lovely.. :-) I do not know more about this festival.. But im commenting because i wanted to appreciate the people who search good photos..

:-)
Happy Janmashtmi to all.

Today we must break the pot in the evening we all will have a joy.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I have my Kishanji with me today so I will eat and play as I wish. But as you know this is janmastmi today and this is celebrated according to Mathura and Vrindaban beliefs on two different days.

Yes it is celebrated according to Mathura and Vrindavan. :)

I think this should clear your doubts this is a copy paste from wikipedia
Krishna Janmashtami is observed on the Ashtami tithi, the eighth day of the dark half or Krishna Paksha of the month of Bhadra in the Hindu calendar, when the Rohini Nakshatra is ascendant. The festival always falls within mid-August to mid-September in the Gregorian calendar. In 2010, for example, the festival was celebrated on 1 September, and in 2011 on 22 August in North India and on 21 August in South Indian states like Kerala.[2]
this was in 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami

I have quoted the same thing :( :( :(
Yes, our month begins on August 17. That's why it comes after that as described in wikipedia. (Till sep 16th) It's clearly stated also. then why it's celebrated in North India today? :blink:

I think difference in both the calenders by a few days caused such a great difference.

Yet, what surprises me most is.....Krishna is born on Rohini star and today it's Thiruvonam.......I think almost 10 stars diference :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.