The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Asha,
I was really surprised when North Indians celebrated Janmashtami on Pooruruttathy, not Rohini. Rohini is the birth star of Krishna
guruvayoor_2012-09-08.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
guruvayoor1.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
How Guruvayur looked yesterday evening....cuttings from newspaper......

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8694]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8695]}

Meera sandhu
Really good to see many small children dressed like Lord Krishna and celebrate this day.Many places they break the pot.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Really good to see many small children dressed like Lord Krishna and celebrate this day.Many places they break the pot.

here also...
am going out.
Let me see if I can see some cute kids dressed so :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Janmastami is celebrated for the birth of Krishna.In Mathura and Vrindavan it is celebrated widely.People from far off comes to see this puja.In Dwarka also it is celebrated grandly.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I think now that the janmashtami is over, the thread should be locked! :dry: :huh: :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think now that the janmashtami is over, the thread should be locked! :dry: :huh: :unsure:

We had two Janmastmi as discussed in the forum. :unsure: If you know kindly clear the doubt why is Lord Krishna's birthday celebrated on a different day in the south?

Live in the present :)

We had two Janmastmi as discussed in the forum. :unsure: If you know kindly clear the doubt why is Lord Krishna's birthday celebrated on a different day in the south?

Normally, it differs by 1 day..this year only it differs by a month.
It's so sad that no one was able to clear this doubt....

Wait for me...
I want to post a few pictures of the procession that I watched that evening, before this thread is locked!!1

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.