we have Government run Industries some which have been showing profit of late,and part privatisation which has shown to be quite successful...is it better to privatise all government Industries?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is best to manage properly. Privatization or no privatization. Presently, I.A.S. officers are deputed to public sector industries. The role of bureaucrats is to run government departments and not industries. There should be specialized industrial and business managers of govt run industries also.

The defence related industry should be in public sector. Most industries should be in private sector. Privatization is okay where security risk is not involved.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Although government run industries are better in terms of security, the examples of such industries in India is not very favorable in terms of economic sustenance. Take example of Air India, lack of efficient and strong leadership has led it fall down to ground very heavily. Another disease that corrodes government-run enterprises is the existence of corruption at all levels, it is at least a lot lesser in private industries. In private industries, there is a clearly defined hierarchical pattern and people are held accountable and responsible when things go wrong which sort of puts ill practices at bay, which is why I favor privatisation over government run enterprises!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is best to manage properly. Privatization or no privatization. Presently, I.A.S. officers are deputed to public sector industries. The role of bureaucrats is to run government departments and not industries. There should be specialized industrial and business managers of govt run industries also.

The defence related industry should be in public sector. Most industries should be in private sector. Privatization is okay where security risk is not involved.

Management is of course the main issue here and of course corruption and power play.all in all our Industries would prosper if they are at least part privatised, since the governmnet present or later ones would never want to part away with them,,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although government run industries are better in terms of security, the examples of such industries in India is not very favorable in terms of economic sustenance. Take example of Air India, lack of efficient and strong leadership has led it fall down to ground very heavily. Another disease that corrodes government-run enterprises is the existence of corruption at all levels, it is at least a lot lesser in private industries. In private industries, there is a clearly defined hierarchical pattern and people are held accountable and responsible when things go wrong which sort of puts ill practices at bay, which is why I favor privatisation over government run enterprises!

Air India is a big blot on the nation, and it is so difficult to hold any one department or official responsible for the state of things as it stands today.we are definitely better off with privatisation like UK and other European nations have done..

Total privatization is not good as you see in the petrol price there is no control over it.Govt should have some control over daily commodities.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

The private sector is not corrupt. This is corrupter. Late Dhirubhai Ambani use to say that he would 'salute' even a poet in government office. The private sector has its own part in corrupting the government departments and bribing them. The cooperation of government department by getting bribe profits the private undertakings. The govt employees get bribe and private sector give bribe. This goes to enrich the private and impoverish the government.

However, it is not job of government to run business. So, it is best to privatize most of business. But here also, there is one significant point. The private sector are only for profits and not for social interest. They will not undertake any business that does not give them more profit in short or medium term. To illustrate, it is left to government undertakings to provide telecommunication service, infrastructure in remote area. Private sector will not go there. This assignment of less profitable or no profit assignments by government undertakings also results in low profit. It is not only lack of efficiency but also need for taking less remunerative assignments that cause less profits to govt. undertakings.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Total privatization is not good as you see in the petrol price there is no control over it.Govt should have some control over daily commodities.

Petrol prices are entirely controlled by the government Ram since all the major petrol companies like HPCL or BPCL have only been partly privatised..

No i don't think so that everything should be made private.
If we do it,then what the need of Government?

Want to make each day Accountable

That is the bad idea of privatization. It is better to them when they had maintained it properly.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Even if they do not privatize some of the industries, they should allow private players to enter into the sector. Like you can see in telecom sector, every scenario has been changed. Why not electric to go the same way? What is government doing in so many industries with no competition and still in loss.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.