when I was young, visiting relatives, especially cousins and friends was something that was very eagerly looked forward to.Now with a changed life style which offers enough entertainment at home we seldom visit relatives unless absolutely essential !.At least that's the case with us...

( I have posted this under announcements by mistake )

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Exactly you are right usha. Even same with me too. In my child hood for every occassion and festivals and at summer vacassion and some times at usual days also we used to gather with friends and relatives now there is no such gatherings, just being home and enjoying through internet and televisions

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes, I agree!!!
Earlier, all stay at same place. Now, professions ask us to change home frequently, staying away from home town. Only weddings become the reason of gatherings. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Exactly you are right usha. Even same with me too. In my child hood for every occassion and festivals and at summer vacassion and some times at usual days also we used to gather with friends and relatives now there is no such gatherings, just being home and enjoying through internet and televisions

sarala, I am not sure whether this is good or bad. My children have a totally different set of sentiments with regard to relatives who they are not comfortable with.They simply don't want to have anything to do with them..They are respectful when they meet but will not go beyond that...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are different reasons behind this
TV- Cost of transportation and small families. We do not get enough time to spare to visit and then communication methods have also a role to play.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I also experienced this. When people had to go to any place for any work, they would stay with some relative or any known person, colleague. Nobody would go to hotel. Now things have changed. Even if you have some work at a place and some relative is there, you may still stay in hotel and either skip meeting him or just meet only for an hour or less.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I also experienced this. When people had to go to any place for any work, they would stay with some relative or any known person, colleague. Nobody would go to hotel. Now things have changed. Even if you have some work at a place and some relative is there, you may still stay in hotel and either skip meeting him or just meet only for an hour or less.

We don't want to disturb other people's lives too!!!

Meera sandhu

I too am guilty of this.In my case there are many reasons for doing this.First of all it is a matter of occupying space and to a certain extent foregoing your own freedom of movement.Another reason being that you want to stay close to your place of work , which is far more convenient...

I said so in the first response, you see small family means smaller places to stay these days as every one cannot afford to have big houses to accommodate visiting guests. Therefore people avoid to stay with them during night and stay at hotel but if they are meeting them in day time is not all that bad.

I said so in the first response, you see small family means smaller places to stay these days as every one cannot afford to have big houses to accommodate visiting guests. Therefore people avoid to stay with them during night and stay at hotel but if they are meeting them in day time is not all that bad.

You know sunil, I remember an incident that happened a few years ago.I was visiting Mumbai for a few days with my children and there were heavy rains when we arrived there, so much so that we could not reach the hotel we had booked.A relative came to my rescue inviting me and the children to his house which consisted of just hall,one bedroom and kitchen.They were so welcoming, caring making us feel comfortable and offering the bedroom to us...I was so very touched.Today we are the best of friends 1 It is just a matter of having a big heart rather than a big house which only few seem to have these days...

You know sunil, I remember an incident that happened a few years ago.I was visiting Mumbai for a few days with my children and there were heavy rains when we arrived there, so much so that we could not reach the hotel we had booked.A relative came to my rescue inviting me and the children to his house which consisted of just hall,one bedroom and kitchen.They were so welcoming, caring making us feel comfortable and offering the bedroom to us...I was so very touched.Today we are the best of friends 1 It is just a matter of having a big heart rather than a big house which only few seem to have these days...

I know that but as you said you were booked in a hotel so that was an emergency. Besides I never said that people with smaller places have no big hearts, this is matter of adjustment only, from both sides.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.