Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But Sasi, you didn't mention it anywhere :dry: :dry:
Why can't you say a few words?

Meera sandhu
@Gulshanji

I hope you will read this :blush: Only you are interested in this :)

It's clear in today's newspaper....
Last year voting percentage was most low at TVM district. This constituency had polling only below 55%.
This year , it's not the case....82-83 % polling....record polling!!!

This is the chart showing the %ge of votes both the years.
Last year.......LDF.......54711.....UDF......48009........BJP.....6730.....LDF Won by 6702 votes
This year.......LDF........46194....UDF......52528........BJP.....30507....UDF Won by 6334

What does it show????
I feel, both LDF and UDF haven't lost/gained votes considerably. Isn't it? But BJP got 25,000 votes more. Did those votes given by people who stood far away from elections last year? What do you think?
Are, people who lost belief in both parties and didn't vote last year... seeking change of power to BJP hands? What do you feel?

Meera sandhu
@Gulshanji

Last year voting percentage was most low at TVM district. This constituency had polling only below 55%.

Last year.......LDF.......54711.....UDF......48009........BJP.....6730.....LDF Won by 6702 votes
This year.......LDF........46194....UDF......52528........BJP.....30507....UDF Won by 6334

What does it show????
I feel, both LDF and UDF haven't lost/gained votes considerably. Isn't it? But BJP got 25,000 votes more. Did those votes given by people who stood far away from elections last year? What do you think?
Are, people who lost belief in both parties and didn't vote last year... seeking change of power to BJP hands? What do you feel?

U.D.F. secured just four thousand votes more and LDF lost eight thousand votes. Possibly, some loss of LDF is caused by congress candidate's personal friends and followers' votes.
BJP has significantly gained more votes. A Communist vote seldom shifts to BJP. Most probably, the votes got by BJP or either from new voters or from traditional congress voters. In absence of BJP, congress could win with greater margin. I may be wrong as I am not aware of actual conditions in Kerala.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
@Gulshanji

What does it show????

U.D.F. secured just four thousand votes more and LDF lost eight thousand votes. Possibly, some loss of LDF is caused by congress candidate's personal friends and followers' votes.
BJP has significantly gained more votes. A Communist vote seldom shifts to BJP. Most probably, the votes got by BJP or either from new voters or from traditional congress voters. In absence of BJP, congress could win with greater margin. I may be wrong as I am not aware of actual conditions in Kerala.

Yes, communist votes seldom shifts to BJP, but congress votes may have...particularly Nair Hindu Community votes. Since both LDF and UDF candidates are Christians and Muslim voters very low in Neyyattinkara Constituency, BJP might have gained more Hindu votes. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
@Gulshanji

What does it show????

Yes, communist votes seldom shifts to BJP, but congress votes may have...particularly Nair Hindu Community votes. Since both LDF and UDF candidates are Christians and Muslim voters very low in Neyyattinkara Constituency, BJP might have gained more Hindu votes. Isn't it?

Exact. I agree. The congress candidate won by shifting votes from the communist, especially those owing to candidate's personal influence. He would win by greater margin if BJP were not in contest.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.