The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I want to name my favourite Malayalam music directors too....Raveendran and Vidya sagar. Raveendran is known for his melodious songs and Vidya sagar, melodious songs with western touch. I love music of Dakshinamoorthy, Devarajan, Salil Chaudary,Ravi, Jerry Amal dev, Ouseppachan, M.G, Johnson and many more.......
Only Vidyasagar from present generation though he is 15 years old in Malayalam industry. But actually, he is from Andra or Karnataka.

Meera sandhu
The musical scenario in West Bengal is somewhat bleak. When I think of our past maestros like S.D.Burman,Salil Chodhury,R.D.Burman,Hemant Kumar and a host of other past greats,the cupboard looks so empty!
I like A.R. Rehman and Shankar Jai Kishan. I like their composes. They are the best.
I like A.R. Rehman and Shankar Jai Kishan. I like their composes. They are the best.

If you add R.D.Burman too, then my list of favourites will be completed. Also S.D.Burman and Madan Mohan :P

Meera sandhu
The musical scenario in West Bengal is somewhat bleak. When I think of our past maestros like S.D.Burman,Salil Chodhury,R.D.Burman,Hemant Kumar and a host of other past greats,the cupboard looks so empty!

Is there any new music director from Bengal?

Bengal has gifted many singers also.....Kishoreda, Kumar Sanu and the latest Sreya Goswal. Actually, she is now Kerala's asset because she is now the no.1 singer of Malayalam and has won many musical awards of Kerala for the past 3 years.

Meera sandhu
You have named some singers who are doing well but the problem here is that we don't have composers and lyricists of yester-years to take care of the present talents. I think Pritam Chakroborty is doing well in Mumbai now as a composer!
You have named some singers who are doing well but the problem here is that we don't have composers and lyricists of yester-years to take care of the present talents. I think Pritam Chakroborty is doing well in Mumbai now as a composer!

Pritham is good....but not extra ordinary.
At present, one of his songs is my ring tone....really a nice song from 'Ajab prem ki...'.

Meera sandhu
I like ilayaraja , A R rahman and Yuvan shankar raja.
I like ilayaraja , A R rahman and Yuvan shankar raja.

Not Harris Jayaraj in your favourite??

Can you name some of Yuvan shankar raja's music?

Meera sandhu

Vani Jayram sang a popular Bengali film number! "Bole re pappi" is an all-time great! I sing it very well!!{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6008]}

You can sing????
Oh Chinmayjee...how can I hear your voice? :(

Very simple! Think of me while listening to it in Vani Jayram's voice!!{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6010]}

I think you are in Holi mood.....Happy 'Holi' day[/quote]

@Chinmayjee.....
There is a similar song from Guruvayoor Kesavan.......the song is about Sandhya :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Both the songs have some similarities. When I searched web, I could find, both these songs are based on same Raga.

Innenikku pottu kuthaan Sandhyakal chaalicha sindooram.....

(Today, to make my shingar, it's sindoor made by Sandhya
For my kajal, it's the ink made by stars of sky)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.