Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Call center jobs are good but I really don't think one can make a career out of it unless you are the owner!! And also there are reports that working in call centers leads to hearing impairment as well.
This bad reputation for call centres is due the ilegal happening in few call centre companies.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

[quote]yeah maybe we do ...so are you trying to suggest that call centres have nothing bad ? [/quote]

There are always going to negative and positive sides to everything, jobs included, call centers are no different than any other regular jobs. The only difference is that you cater to a client who is different from you culturally and ethnically!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]This bad reputation for call centres is due the ilegal happening in few call centre companies. [/quote]

Those illegal happenings are solely the responsibility of those who did those illegal things and not the call centres. In any case, such incidents happen even in Indian companies, even those with great reputation like Satyam! So attributing criminal and negative elements only to call centres is totally unfair.

I do not prefer to work on call center because its not match with my personality I also advice to other to select best for his or her future.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I do not prefer to work on call center because its not match with my personality I also advice to other to select best for his or her future.

Santosh, you are right, call center basically is meant for college going people because it would help them earn pocket money but not good career option.
[quote]I do not prefer to work on call center because its not match with my personality I also advice to other to select best for his or her future.

Santosh, you are right, call center basically is meant for college going people because it would help them earn pocket money but not good career option. [/quote]

Partially you are right, not all types of people are suited for this job as it includes a lot of talki8ng with clients and to maintain your high spirits and energy, but I don't agree with you that its not a good career option. After the basic customer executive level which is suitable for youngsters and students, there are more supervisory and managerial levels which require maturity and management skills. That can be done by anyone who has good organizing skills and in the long run can take a person quite high on the corporate ladder!

Thank you said by: Sanket Kini
Well Said Kalyani
I am Currently a Team Coach in 3 Global services and at managerial level you definitely require lot of skills apart from communication and computer knowledge.
Call center is generally for youngster since they are capable of handling pressure what call centers gives you.Its difficult for a person who is 40 to put the headset on his headset on his head for 9 hours.however if you chose this as a carrier i dont think you will be taking calls till 40.
I chose this as my career option and at the age of 23 I dont take calls anymore and I am at a supervisory level
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Well, Vidhi call center do have a career if you take you job in a positive manner and look for growth.Growth is not a piece of cake and you need to strive hard for it.
Call center teaches to you to work the hard way as well as the smart way
yes, people think working in call centres is really bad but they don't know that value of it. We can make more money by working in call centres our communication increases and its a good culture too

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you said by: Sanket Kini
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.