Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Maybe yes, the summer is gonna be a little more painful this year but we are still using blankets and wearing sweaters during nights and mornings. Although I shall not be here to face summers this year.

May be your place is somewhat open and green so may be feeling need of blanket at night but we are not using sweaters and blankets these days. :)

Yes although not too far but we are atleast 4-5 degree colder than your place especially during nights and mornings.

!!! You having that much difference of temperature of same city.. :woohoo: Colder is good in that case.

No we are about 40 km apart now (Ariel Distance) I am no more living in Delhi.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Suni.. Ohh.. I thought you were living near by.. Well, in that case temperature may be difference.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
I think drinking Shikanji or simple lemon water is the best thing one can have to beat summer. Even drinking lots of water is one can do to compensate for the loss of water in summer. :)

Tender coconut is one of the best options. Also one can have cucumber, green apple, barley water, yogurt,etc., to combat the hot summer.

I have already started using cucumber for a week now. The afternoon are really hot here and some cooling is very necessary.

Just now I read about s Halwa made of Poppy seeds which is a coolant during summer. This practice is prevalent in Tamilnadu

What is this S halwa?. Never heard of it. :blink:

India is not that small country to know different eating and drinking habits of places existing in your very neighboring state. I can understand you. There is no possibility of knowing about the drinks prevalent in deep south. Poppy seeds Halwa is very famous here. In the same way i'm not familiar with summer drinks of Punjab.

Some people keep onions in pocket to avoid heat strokes but I prefer lot of water and going out in sun as much as possible. Drinking fruit juices like mango shake works fine.

Some people prefers to take green tea which is an excellent body coolant.

Some people keep onions in pocket to avoid heat strokes but I prefer lot of water and going out in sun as much as possible. Drinking fruit juices like mango shake works fine.

Some people prefers to take green tea which is an excellent body coolant.

That is the reason why it is getting popular in India. More and more people are getting aware of the positives of having green tea.
I have expected this year to be the coldest one. This year winter was cold for few days. Summer has arrived soon. I fear too much heat in this year.
I have expected this year to be the coldest one. This year winter was cold for few days. Summer has arrived soon. I fear too much heat in this year.

Our weather experts already warned about the oncoming extreme weather in all the seasons.
images-mintnlemonjuice.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Our weather experts already warned about the oncoming extreme weather in all the seasons.

I too am noticing that this year the summer is far more intense already, so one can imagine what April/may would be like...here is an easy to prepare drink for hot summer days..
Blend a few mint leaves with a little water in the mixer....Make lime juice as usual using water ,lime juice and sugar.Add some honey and the blended mint leaves.Mix well and refrigerate.It is a very healthy and refreshing summer drink.You can pour some of the drink into an ice tray and freeze them into cubes. Add them to the juice while drinking for an extra cooling effect !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10504]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too am noticing that this year the summer is far more intense already, so one can imagine what April/may would be like...here is an easy to prepare drink for hot summer days..
Blend a few mint leaves with a little water in the mixer....Make lime juice as usual using water ,lime juice and sugar.Add some honey and the blended mint leaves.Mix well and refrigerate.It is a very healthy and refreshing summer drink.You can pour some of the drink into an ice tray and freeze them into cubes. Add them to the juice while drinking for an extra cooling effect !

But in our part of India, we are mercifully spared the fury of early summer!! I don't know what's in store in the next few months!!

But in our part of India, we are mercifully spared the fury of early summer!! I don't know what's in store in the next few months!!

We have to bar hot wave in North India. But feel that in Bengal and other areas nearing sea, it is hot with humidity. When I was in Assam, I experienced extreme hot but there was no hot wind. But body was sweating all time. Please tell what is the actual experience in West Bengal.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.