Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote=0123456 wrote:
Yes they must keep in mind that they are in our country and our culture cannot allowed this type of dress in our country.It give bad effect in our society...........

Then you have to decide whether you want tourism and hospitality industry at all? Moreover, our people also come across various cultures, dress, styles only if you allow tourists to come in their own dress, style and way.

May I ask that if you go to Andaman Nicobar Islands, you will take off all your clothes and instead cover your waist with leaves as the tribal there do. After all according to your argument, a tourist must follow the local dress code, whatever this is. [/quote]

Very true!! Maldives is a perfect example of the balance between their own culture and their tolerance to other cultures. Maldives is a predominantly Muslim country and their own dress code is strict enough and yet they are very tolerant to tourists of all kinds, from all over the world, because they have realized that tourism is the only kind of industry they can prosper from! A lesson to all! I think Malaysia too is similar although I am not much sure if there dress code is restricted or not!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote=0123456 wrote:
Yes they must keep in mind that they are in our country and our culture cannot allowed this type of dress in our country.It give bad effect in our society...........

Then you have to decide whether you want tourism and hospitality industry at all? Moreover, our people also come across various cultures, dress, styles only if you allow tourists to come in their own dress, style and way.

May I ask that if you go to Andaman Nicobar Islands, you will take off all your clothes and instead cover your waist with leaves as the tribal there do. After all according to your argument, a tourist must follow the local dress code, whatever this is.

Very true!! Maldives is a perfect example of the balance between their own culture and their tolerance to other cultures. Maldives is a predominantly Muslim country and their own dress code is strict enough and yet they are very tolerant to tourists of all kinds, from all over the world, because they have realized that tourism is the only kind of industry they can prosper from! A lesson to all! I think Malaysia too is similar although I am not much sure if there dress code is restricted or not![/quote]

thats right maldives is very relaxed as far as dressing is concerned .Mlayasia too is the same, absolutely no restrictions there and Dubai , which is probably the only country which has no restrictions whatsoever...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The simple question is- would they do as they want from tourists in their own area, would they behave like Romans while in Rome?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes they behave just like romans why they are in rome. Many people do the same thing in all countries.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think freedom to wear should be there. The Government should just give a notice to all the tourist that, what ever you wear, should not be vulgar. That's it!

Want to make each day Accountable

I think freedom to wear should be there. The Government should just give a notice to all the tourist that, what ever you wear, should not be vulgar. That's it!

Who decides what is vulgar. The tourists may consider their dress decent even if you say this is vulgar. If you really want to promote tourism, rid yourself of notions like this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Who decides what is vulgar. The tourists may consider their dress decent even if you say this is vulgar. If you really want to promote tourism, rid yourself of notions like this.

Very true, In Goa you see the foreigners with next to nothing on them , but when you see that it is hot and they are on the beach it really doesn't seem to matter at all !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true, In Goa you see the foreigners with next to nothing on them , but when you see that it is hot and they are on the beach it really doesn't seem to matter at all !

Very true. We should bother about ourselves and not tourists. They have their own way. At Agra, many tourists come. Locals including guides wear traditional Indian dress and they do not bother at all what foreigners wear.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Dress code has been introduced in many states and country.Tourist cannot wear dress according to their choice.In Delhi Akshardham temple,women have to be very careful about their dress.Same thing has recently started in Kashmir.But I think this is good but in some case is not good.It is good to have dress code but how people will get to know which states or country has this restriction.All are not familiar with these system.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.