Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They want to make it like Saudi Arabia where there is absolutely no freedom for either citizens or outsiders...The next thing the fundamentalists will say is that all ladies should cover their head and so on...

I doubt if Saudi Arabia has this law for the foriegners also i don't think it is. :blink:

Most probably, Saudi Arabia has not prescribed a dress code for foreign tourists. The only restriction is on liqueur.

Most probably, Saudi Arabia has no dress code for foreign tourist. There are some restrictions on liqueur.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is not at all fair for the tourists. The government should not make such restrictions.Otherwise,they won't see tourist in the Valley.

Want to make each day Accountable

Only Indian can follow such dress code...as we are used to it...I fear tourist wont accept it..

every one is used to some dress code. Indian women will not adopt skirt and blouse in Europe. similarly, western will not adopt sari in India. everyone is used to his own regional dress.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Only Indian can follow such dress code...as we are used to it...I fear tourist wont accept it..

every one is used to some dress code. Indian women will not adopt skirt and blouse in Europe. similarly, western will not adopt sari in India. everyone is used to his own regional dress.

Even i also think why a foriengner would accept it. She would prefer not to visit that place rather being restricted to some dress code. :blink:
Not enforcing the dress code.
I agree with Ram that, We should honour and respect the local culture.

No tourist will visit a place whose culture he dislikes. The visitors to Kashmir do not insult the local traditions. They simply dress as they usually do. They cannot be asked to come in a dress acceptable to certain Kashmir politicians.

Kashmir is said to be the heaven on earth and is one of the best tourist attraction of India. but from the last few years the sensitive atmosphere of Kashmir due to terrorism the number of tourist have already decreased and now if this dress code matter is insisted then it will no doubt have a more worst effect on the tourist.

True, especially when the major source of income in the valley comes from the tourists!! This is just what the Talibanis would do, people should raise their voice against this.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

They want to make it like Saudi Arabia where there is absolutely no freedom for either citizens or outsiders...The next thing the fundamentalists will say is that all ladies should cover their head and so on...

I doubt if Saudi Arabia has this law for the foriegners also i don't think it is. :blink:

Most probably, Saudi Arabia has not prescribed a dress code for foreign tourists. The only restriction is on liqueur.

When you go to Saudi Arabia , Ladies no matter where you come from, have to wear a long dress covering your hands and feet and tie a scraf round your head.You cannot wear a saree there unless you wear a hijab over it.I took some music cds and they were all dumped into the bin with utter disregard also a small ganesha statue that was in my suitcase was also thrown in the bin...The arrogance the immigration officials have , has to be seen to be believed ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This dress code should be for the whole of India. I appreciate what Kashmiris have said regarding the culture and descipline.

When you go to Saudi Arabia , Ladies no matter where you come from, have to wear a long dress covering your hands and feet and tie a scraf round your head.You cannot wear a saree there unless you wear a hijab over it.I took some music cds and they were all dumped into the bin with utter disregard also a small ganesha statue that was in my suitcase was also thrown in the bin...The arrogance the immigration officials have , has to be seen to be believed ..

Actually Saudi Arabia, is totally a muslim country. So,there you have to follow what they are following from years and decades.
About the officials in the immigration,what they did, should not be done. They should had respect to GOD.
But let me tell you, there are many tourists in india,do smuggle drugs, in the deity Idols of India.So,may be they would had think this, and did that cruel mistake.

Want to make each day Accountable

Actually Saudi Arabia, is totally a muslim country. So,there you have to follow what they are following from years and decades.
About the officials in the immigration,what they did, should not be done. They should had respect to GOD.
But let me tell you, there are many tourists in india,do smuggle drugs, in the deity Idols of India.So,may be they would had think this, and did that cruel mistake.

No that is not the case Ronark. When you go to Saudi Arabia you cannot take any scriptures or symbols belonging to any other religion and also no musci or video cds, also no story books etc etc...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No that is not the case Ronark. When you go to Saudi Arabia you cannot take any scriptures or symbols belonging to any other religion and also no musci or video cds, also no story books etc etc...

Oh is it?? :huh: :huh: :ohmy:
I don't think they have restriction for music, video cds and also story books?? :huh: :huh: :unsure:

Vinu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.