Dress code for tourists is a bizarre idea of Kashmir fundamentalists. They say that the semi nude and revealing dress of tourists go against local culture.

But do they not realize that tourists are back bone of valley economy. Moreover, nobody expects tourists to follow dress code and culture of every place visited by them.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/kashmiri-religious-group-issues-dress-code-tourists-071441072--finance.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I dont think any one would follow the dress code. This restriction can lead to decrease in number of tourists.
Oh this is strange this is like dictatorship. Tourists won't follow it.It may happen in future that number of tourists effects if such things happen. :evil:
We should honour the local culture but dress code is ridiculous.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
They want to make it like Saudi Arabia where there is absolutely no freedom for either citizens or outsiders...The next thing the fundamentalists will say is that all ladies should cover their head and so on...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

They want to make it like Saudi Arabia where there is absolutely no freedom for either citizens or outsiders...The next thing the fundamentalists will say is that all ladies should cover their head and so on...

Ya you are right and we should not support this.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Not enforcing the dress code.
I agree with Ram that, We should honour and respect the local culture.

Be positive
Only Indian can follow such dress code...as we are used to it...I fear tourist wont accept it..

No tourist will visit a place whose culture he dislikes. The visitors to Kashmir do not insult the local traditions. They simply dress as they usually do. They cannot be asked to come in a dress acceptable to certain Kashmir politicians.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

No tourist will visit a place whose culture he dislikes. The visitors to Kashmir do not insult the local traditions. They simply dress as they usually do. They cannot be asked to come in a dress acceptable to certain Kashmir politicians.

Kashmir is said to be the heaven on earth and is one of the best tourist attraction of India. but from the last few years the sensitive atmosphere of Kashmir due to terrorism the number of tourist have already decreased and now if this dress code matter is insisted then it will no doubt have a more worst effect on the tourist.

I doubt if Saudi Arabia has this law for the foriegners also i don't think it is. :blink:

Most probably, Saudi Arabia has not prescribed a dress code for foreign tourists. The only restriction is on liqueur.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.