Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even I saw many such things. some of the muslims cut their chest with blade on the festival of moharam.

Sorry if there is any muslims over here. I just seen about this festival only this segment. If there is anything wrong in my description about this please excuse me

This is small thing i have seen people walk on the buning coal bed barefeet on Moharram day.Which is so painful but they do it knowing it would pain after wards. :angry:

I have seen that thing on TV.. but not for real. How can they handle that much pain !!? :ohmy:

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Even I saw many such things. some of the muslims cut their chest with blade on the festival of moharam.

Sorry if there is any muslims over here. I just seen about this festival only this segment. If there is anything wrong in my description about this please excuse me

This is small thing i have seen people walk on the buning coal bed barefeet on Moharram day.Which is so painful but they do it knowing it would pain after wards. :angry:

It is a common practice of Devi temples of Kerala. they take 41 days Vritham for doing this. They walk on fire coal

Meera sandhu
Not only in kerela, Sandhya, it happens here also but in the name of "JATHARAS" in the month of April to impress God Parvathi, who is called Grama Devatha. They feel that she keeps away problems like Chicken Pox, Small pox and other similar things away.
I think wasting milk is something extreme level of foolishness. I dont encourage wasting food in anyway.
I have seen many superstitious people,but bathing in boiling milk,this has added one more in my dictionary.
Why people ha such kind of beliefs ? I don't understand.

Want to make each day Accountable

Not only in kerela, Sandhya, it happens here also but in the name of "JATHARAS" in the month of April to impress God Parvathi, who is called Grama Devatha. They feel that she keeps away problems like Chicken Pox, Small pox and other similar things away.
I think wasting milk is something extreme level of foolishness. I dont encourage wasting food in anyway.

But we do milk abhishekam at temples for deities. Is is good or bad-according to you???

Meera sandhu

But we do milk abhishekam at temples for deities. Is is good or bad-according to you???

Anything excess is not good if it's wasted. After the milk abhishekam at temples, devotees are offered that milk as "PRASHAD" so no wastage.. ;) :)
Yes, I also saw this news on tv news. This is very strange.

Be positive

Anything excess is not good if it's wasted. After the milk abhishekam at temples, devotees are offered that milk as "PRASHAD" so no wastage.. ;) :)

hehehe..yes i have also seen that milk is used as prasad. :)
In Karnataka, in one temple people throw their babies from the top of the temple and other people catch that baby who is in the water. IF we say this is wrong they will say that God will look after. It is for sake my baby only. If we do like this then God will protect my baby and god will bless my baby.But there is occurance of spinal breakage in the baby. But parents wont bother about it. Many doctors have told to media this custom is not at all good for the baby.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

In Karnataka, in one temple people throw their babies from the top of the temple and other people catch that baby who is in the water. IF we say this is wrong they will say that God will look after. It is for sake my baby only. If we do like this then God will protect my baby and god will bless my baby.But there is occurance of spinal breakage in the baby. But parents wont bother about it. Many doctors have told to media this custom is not at all good for the baby.

How can they do it? :evil: :evil: :evil:

People in INDIA are really so much superstitious that they can do any thing in name of God. :laugh: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am really to surprised to know what you wrote about the ritual. :ohmy:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.