Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This says we must respect our elders.I know sometimes they are wrong but to say them wrong is actually wrong. :)

I dont agree with that ! One should be open to corrections at any stage of life.If there is something that I feel is not right in what my mother tells me I point it out to her and we discuss the issue.That does not mean that I do not respect my mother since I cherish her ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This says we must respect our elders.I know sometimes they are wrong but to say them wrong is actually wrong. :)

I dont agree with that ! One should be open to corrections at any stage of life.If there is something that I feel is not right in what my mother tells me I point it out to her and we discuss the issue.That does not mean that I do not respect my mother since I cherish her ...

But pointing out frequent mistakes in them may change your relationship with her.All of us respect our elders but somewhere pointing out their faults as it is natural there would be,make them hurt.I know telling their fault to them and respecting them are two different things but we should check it that by pointing them frequently may not hurt their self respect. :blink:

But pointing out frequent mistakes in them may change your relationship with her.All of us respect our elders but somewhere pointing out their faults as it is natural there would be,make them hurt.I know telling their fault to them and respecting them are two different things but we should check it that by pointing them frequently may not hurt their self respect. :blink:

Once you know a person all our life, you also know what is touchy and sensitive and also what hurts them.If a relationship can change just because you point out something, it is really not strong, it is too fragile.A strong bond is one where you feel free to discuss things openly ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Once you know a person all our life, you also know what is touchy and sensitive and also what hurts them.If a relationship can change just because you point out something, it is really not strong, it is too fragile.A strong bond is one where you feel free to discuss things openly ...

These are all theoritical things but in actual everyone gets hurt somewhere when someone points out his/her faults. :blink: That's true when we have a strong relationship we know what things may hurt them and what not but the thing is there are lots of parents who have to face the rude behaviour of their kids when their kids stands on their feet and the parents get old and need their kids' support.At that time to find fault always in them may be hurting. :blink:
You continue to have the same intellect throughout your life...
Your learning capacity also continues to be as sharp as ever in your later age also...
You are intelligent today and continue to be intelligent later-on too...

You only stop learning from your elders say father or mother. Because, once you develop the instinct to find faults with them and attempt to intellectually spoon-feed them... and hurt them indiscriminately... then your elders (parents) do not remain your mentors anymore... and the instinct of your new avatar will refuse any teachings from them, because, we like to learn from our mentors or teachers and not from pieces of furniture...

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You continue to have the same intellect throughout your life...
Your learning capacity also continues to be as sharp as ever in your later age also...
You are intelligent today and continue to be intelligent later-on too...

You only stop learning from your elders say father or mother. Because, once you develop the instinct to find faults with them and attempt to intellectually spoon-feed them... and hurt them indiscriminately... then your elders (parents) do not remain your mentors anymore... and the instinct of your new avatar will refuse any teachings from them, because, we like to learn from our mentors or teachers and not from pieces of furniture...

I have given you your 'first thank you' for the wonderful thought shared :)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Harish Jharia

These are all theoritical things but in actual everyone gets hurt somewhere when someone points out his/her faults. :blink: That's true when we have a strong relationship we know what things may hurt them and what not but the thing is there are lots of parents who have to face the rude behaviour of their kids when their kids stands on their feet and the parents get old and need their kids' support.At that time to find fault always in them may be hurting. :blink:

I cannot generalise nor speak for others except myself, and I personally look up to my mother for everything , in fact I feel that with her experience in life she is able to guide me better than anyone else! However, when she does make some mistakes we do talk about it and sort it out, it need never be an issue which leads to strong words or hurtful arguments..

After the age of 15, the mind stops developing. Thus whatever we learn till the age of 15, we remember it throughout our life.
Our elders are also human beings. They can do mistake. They way of pointing out their mistake should be little diplomatic. Elders always teach us and guide us. Thus we should respectfully approach this matter to them.
Thanks for the 1st Thank-you... Sandhya...

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I cannot generalise nor speak for others except myself, and I personally look up to my mother for everything , in fact I feel that with her experience in life she is able to guide me better than anyone else! However, when she does make some mistakes we do talk about it and sort it out, it need never be an issue which leads to strong words or hurtful arguments..

I somehow agree with you @Sanjeev...But will only say that as age increases both parents and children don't follow each others instruction even if it polite discussion or argument type. Parents feel that till now they never questioned us about anything..while children feel that why do mom or dad always command us, dont we have life and brain to think...reasons may vary depending on situation.. :S we cann't completely say mind is dumb for find faults in elders( I dont agree with that statement)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.