Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Appam looks like set dosa, and tastes good, many like the taste and its famous in kerala I think

Yes it is.. I guess mine one looks even more similar to dosa. But its taste was different for sure.. But I still don't know if it was like original one. Well, it was first try, I guess my mom can make it better next time. Hope so.
untitled_2013-01-27.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
@Sasi.. Lol even I think it look like Dosa.. but taste it surely different.. But it is appam.. :D

@SJ.. he he.. Same here. But still this time it was tasty.

Something we don't eat frequently would definitely taste good as we don't know the real taste of it. :laugh:

Ha ha.. That's true SJ. For that we need to visit South India for the pure taste. :laugh:

You are always welcome Anand.

Thanks.. Do you think this dish(the photo I uploaded) having too much different look than original appam dish. :whistle:

@SJ.. He he.. Let's see.

Yes I like this photo but not known the taste of it.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

@Sasi.. Lol even I think it look like Dosa.. but taste it surely different.. But it is appam.. :D

Something we don't eat frequently would definitely taste good as we don't know the real taste of it. :laugh:

Ha ha.. That's true SJ. For that we need to visit South India for the pure taste. :laugh:

Yes we need to check it first. Hope Sandhya invite us to her home to have these dishes. :blink:

of course warm welcome :cheer:
let it be a bahana to meet your kids :P

Oh that means I am invited with family. :blink:

Yes we need to check it first. Hope Sandhya invite us to her home to have these dishes. :blink:

He he.. Don't forget to add me as your close family friend. :laugh:

Sasi.. what about look?

Hello Friends..

As Sandhya (Thanks a lot) guided me for new dish, I tried (my mom made it) new dish day before yesterday.. Its APPAM. I don't know how it originally taste, but I loved it.

Well, my mom have made any south Indian dish first time, so it may look different but its taste was good. :laugh: here is the pic.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9844]}

Nandu, your mother is good cook. it's almost done. not make it dark. that's it :cheer: :cheer:

just need a few more pores.....but she has done extremely well in her first attempt.
i forgot to tell you one thing :silly: ..a simple tip

in the morning, batter will come up. Right? you add a little of baking soda and stir well. keep it aside for half an hour.
then you should not stir it too much. just 1-2 gentle stirrings. if so, bubbles in between the batter will be lost. it's applicable in the case of dosa and idli too.

taste won't differ. but it may make less pores..... :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: AKP
Hello Friends..

As Sandhya (Thanks a lot) guided me for new dish, I tried (my mom made it) new dish day before yesterday.. Its APPAM. I don't know how it originally taste, but I loved it.

Well, my mom have made any south Indian dish first time, so it may look different but its taste was good. :laugh: here is the pic.

Nandu, your mother is good cook. it's almost done. not make it dark. that's it :cheer: :cheer:

just need a few more pores.....but she has done extremely well in her first attempt.

in the morning, batter will come up. Right? you add a little of baking soda and stir well. keep it aside for half an hour.
then you should not stir it too much. just 1-2 gentle stirrings. if so, bubbles in between the batter will be lost. it's applicable in the case of dosa and idli too.

Then sandhya send me some more recipes I also want to try them.

He he.. Don't forget to add me as your close family friend. :laugh:

Sasi.. what about look?

Don't worry AKP. :)

But the pic you uploaded is yummy it made me hungry. :blink:
Thank you said by: AKP
Hello Friends..

This is called dosa in our State. I had eaten this one today. :P :P

sasi, it's extremely different dosa. it's middle portion is swollen a little bit. but rice used for making idli and dosa is used for making it. also yeast is added a little bit to make it swell and cause bubbles...also slight sweet since 1 tsp sugar and coconut also added.
coconut water can add extra bubbles to your appam ;)
sugar patients need not add sugar for its preparation.

Meera sandhu
Hello Friends..

That's great Sandhya.. I thought it wasn't made good look wise, but taste was good.. I will pass this more info to her, so next time she can make it more good..

SJ.. Thanks. It was yummy too.

Hello Friends..

This is called dosa in our State. I had eaten this one today. :P :P

sasi, it's extremely different dosa. it's middle portion is swollen a little bit. but rice used for making idli and dosa is used for making it. also yeast is added a little bit to make it swell and cause bubbles...also slight sweet since 1 tsp sugar and coconut also added.
coconut water can add extra bubbles to your appam ;)
sugar patients need not add sugar for its preparation.

Can we add honey to make it sweet with out sugar.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.