Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Appam looks like set dosa, and tastes good, many like the taste and its famous in kerala I think

Yes it is.. I guess mine one looks even more similar to dosa. But its taste was different for sure.. But I still don't know if it was like original one. Well, it was first try, I guess my mom can make it better next time. Hope so.

nandu,
check this appam..it's prepared by me :cheer: :cheer:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9845]}

Meera sandhu
Hello Friends..

As Sandhya (Thanks a lot) guided me for new dish, I tried (my mom made it) new dish day before yesterday.. Its APPAM. I don't know how it originally taste, but I loved it.

Well, my mom have made any south Indian dish first time, so it may look different but its taste was good. :laugh: here is the pic.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9844]}

This is called dosa in our State. I had eaten this one today. :P :P

sasi, it's extremely different dosa. it's middle portion is swollen a little bit. but rice used for making idli and dosa is used for making it. also yeast is added a little bit to make it swell and cause bubbles...also slight sweet since 1 tsp sugar and coconut also added.
coconut water can add extra bubbles to your appam ;)
sugar patients need not add sugar for its preparation.

Can we add honey to make it sweet with out sugar.

not at all :evil: :evil:

yeast when added with sugar makes batter rise high and cause a lot of pores too.....the trademark of appam

Meera sandhu
Appam looks like set dosa, and tastes good, many like the taste and its famous in kerala I think

Yes it is.. I guess mine one looks even more similar to dosa. But its taste was different for sure.. But I still don't know if it was like original one. Well, it was first try, I guess my mom can make it better next time. Hope so.

nandu,

:woohoo:

This one have whole different look.. I guess my mom will still take lot more time to make appam like this.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

nandu,

This is really nice to see this appam. Yes I will try this one today.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

nandu,

why are you lying Sasi? :evil: :evil:
do you know how to make a tea, at least? :woohoo: :woohoo:

@Nandu..
no problem.
just ask her to practise it. use rice with pure white colour. i think you can try with your normal rice too (not sure).
once the batter is poured rotate it once to make a full circle. just 1 big spoon is enough. in the centre you will see a small ball. it's soft. close it with a lid suddenly. medium flame is needed. not too hot or not too low flame. low flame never makes bubbles. too high flame makes it become brown. ask her practise it. once the centre portion loses its liquid state and becomes solid, ur appam is done.
you can serve it with any type of side dish used for chappathi, also coconut chutney

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: AKP

nandu,

@Nandu..
no problem.
just ask her to practise it. use rice with pure white colour. i think you can try with your normal rice too (not sure).
once the batter is poured rotate it once to make a full circle. just 1 big spoon is enough. in the centre you will see a small ball. it's soft. close it with a lid suddenly. medium flame is needed. not too hot or not too low flame. low flame never makes bubbles. too high flame makes it become brown. ask her practise it. once the centre portion loses its liquid state and becomes solid, ur appam is done.
you can serve it with any type of side dish used for chappathi, also coconut chutney

:laugh: :( :( I am trying some few dishes now a days. I can make green tea now and can cook potato curry.

nandu,

@Nandu..
no problem.

She haven't tried chutney explained in that article yet...

I guess she did it with high flame may be that's why color became like that.. But yes I will tell these things so that she do all those changes when she made it next time.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

nandu,

@Nandu..
no problem.

She haven't tried chutney explained in that article yet...

I guess she did it with high flame may be that's why color became like that.. But yes I will tell these things so that she do all those changes when she made it next time.

But it is not in reddish colour so she made it in low flame i think.

@Sasi.. I was talking about my photo.. That appam is having reddish color..

When you mix up with persons of different regions, you learn more recipes. My mom could prepare dishes of Punjab as well as south. This was owing to interaction with families of various regions as my dad was in government service.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.