Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yesudas is Malyalam singer that's why I just wonder about him. I didn't know any thing about him. Thanks to Sandhyaji and Rambabu.
I am also a fan of south Indian music. I like it.

am really surprised to hear this.... :silly:
He is credited with maximum National awards.....I think he has won for every South Indian languages + Hindi. Same is the case of Chitra. That's why it's told Malayalis are able to pronounce even the most difficult language, as their tongues are very flexible.

he won National awards for his first recorded Hindi song. It's gori tera gaaw of Chitchor

Devu, Gori tera gaav, tu jo .......both from Chitchor..
Dil ke dukde, maana ho thum
Jaaneman, jaaneman....
Oh Bhavre......

His Bollywood songs are numerous.

Oh! I heard these songs many a times.
thank you so much to start a thread for my most favourite Malayalam singer :)
Thanks a lot... Malayalam film industry is nothing without this man, similar to Lataji of Bollywood
No words are enough to say about him. so am keeping quiet :)
He started his filmy career in 1960 and like Lataji, we have seen a lot of variations in his voice over years.
Still he is holding teh records of maximum awards for best singer in Playback singing.(National awards).

It was my dream to see him once, I never got the opportunity to see him once even if we both belong to TVM and 2 years before I saw him at a marriage function., Chitra was also present :)

He's the only cinema singer who's capable of presenting a full fledged classical concert with doyens like semmangudi Sreenivasa iyengar.
He is credited with singing the most officially recorded songs by any singer in the world.
Won 7 national awards for singing.
He's a Padma Bhushan.
I consider myself lucky to hear him live.
My head bows down with reverence before a stalwart like Yesudas.

I think S.P has the world record of singing maximum songs
what's this official record of songs?

Non- movie songs sung for private recording companies are non- official songs.. They will not be counted for record purposes
He has sung maximum Hindu devotional songs...particularly Krishna and Ayyappa
Sabarimala wakes up every day by yesudas' Harivaraasanaam.
But he was never allowed to enter Guruvayur temple since he is a christian.......
so sad, he sung the superhit song with word Meaning, "I will go to Guruvayur temple one day and see gopakumaran".
But he is unfortunate to enter the temple

Meera sandhu
Thanks a lot... Malayalam film industry is nothing without this man, similar to Lataji of Bollywood
He started his filmy career in 1960 and like Lataji, we have seen a lot of variations in his voice over years.
Still he is holding teh records of maximum awards for best singer in Playback singing.(National awards).

It was my dream to see him once, I never got the opportunity to see him once even if we both belong to TVM and 2 years before I saw him at a marriage function., Chitra was also present :)

He's the only cinema singer who's capable of presenting a full fledged classical concert with doyens like semmangudi Sreenivasa iyengar.
He is credited with singing the most officially recorded songs by any singer in the world.
He's a Padma Bhushan.

Non- movie songs sung for private recording companies are non- official songs.. They will not be counted for record purposes

doubt not cleared yet....can you please? :)

Meera sandhu
He belonged to a poor family when he started play back singing his father used to stand outside theatres to hear his son's song. He didn't even have money to buy a ticket to go inside theatre...... I read it in an interview.
Yesudas means......servant of 'Yesu'. Jesus is called 'Yeshu' in Malayalam....
But I have always noticed his name pronounced in a wrong way, by North Indian TV Channels

where is ceemji?
He is a great fan of Yesudas and Ka karoom Sajni.....

Not bigger than me
Jab Sanjh dhale aana, Jab deep jale jaana.
When I heard this one for the first time, I could not help myself but repeat it 5-6 times in a row. For me Yesu started from here.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
He belonged to a poor family when he started play back singing his father used to stand outside theatres to hear his son's song. He didn't even have money to buy a ticket to go inside theatre...... I read it in an interview.
But I have always noticed his name pronounced in a wrong way, by North Indian TV Channels

where is ceemji?

Not bigger than me
When I heard this one for the first time, I could not help myself but repeat it 5-6 times in a row. For me Yesu started from here.

Yes under the baton of the blind Maestro Ravindra Jain
His voice has an individuality like Rafi , Mukesh and Kishore. That makes him special among all.

His wife Prabha, was the classmate of my aunty....classmate or senior, a little confusion

Meera sandhu

where is ceemji?

Not bigger than me

Yes under the baton of the blind Maestro Ravindra Jain

Ravindra Jain's beautiful composition, (lyrics also written by him) is my most favourite Hindi song...
Akhiyon ki jaroko se title track :)

Meera sandhu

He's a Padma Bhushan.

doubt not cleared yet....can you please? :)

Here is an example. SP sang many songs for Devasthanams of many temples free as a token of Devotion to the reigning deity. Such songs will not be marketed but given free of cost to the devotees
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I heard him years ago live in Tata. The congregation consisted of not just Malayalis, entire India was there. He sang in 8 languages sending all in to raptures and waves of ecstasy. When it comes to Melody none can beat Yesudas, the Monarch of melody.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9192]}

He is my favourite singer. No one has the voice like him. Scintillating talents. I like his tamil song 'Kanne Kalaimane' From the famous movie 'Moondram Priai' Dircted by Balu Mahendra, Kamal Hassan starer movie. National Award winner.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.