Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Rice is very important part of our diet. Bengali food is mostly concerned for rice, fish, mutton and lots of sweets.
I Think our state provide maximum breakfast items which include a lot of rice of different types......some dishes are made with rice itself adding a little coconut. Only exception is Upma, we call it as Upmaavu..... made from roasted sooji.
How many of you know the emaning of upmaav....
Up.....(not English word up) means ... Salt in Tamil and Malayalam. I don't know about otehr South Indian languages.
Maav....means flour.

In a Malayalam film, Mohanlal plays the role of an English teacher. When one of the students ask him, what's the English name of Upmaav, he replies....."Salt Mango tree", as Maav has another meaning Mango tree(as well as flour) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
sandhya pulihora is our dish also. actually it is known as south Indian dish. It is one of my favorite one. I love to have it curd and with beans masala curry.

give me its quick recipe please

Where is Sarala?

I love pulihodarai very much., it really taste good.. :woohoo:

Vinu
While I am back at home, I generally eat rice or rice-made items once in a week but while out of house I eat it a little more often as they serve rice as a special item to guests, which we eat in small quantity at the end of regular diet.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I like Tamarind rice, lemon rice, curd rice very much. :cheer:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com

All these are my favorite too... :laugh: :cheer: :)

Vinu

Curd rice is my masterpiece. But I don't know the preparation of the other two :whistle:

Meera sandhu

Curd rice is my masterpiece. But I don't know the preparation of the other two :whistle:

I know how to prepare lemon rice. But, dont know how to make tamarind rice. :cheer:

Vinu

I know how to prepare lemon rice. But, dont know how to make tamarind rice. :cheer:

Then tell me how lemon rice is prepared :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

Then tell me how lemon rice is prepared :woohoo:

You can visit my wife's blog for that!! :)

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.